Acid reflux?

ThinnerRivers
on 12/17/15 9:24 pm - San Diego, CA

Hello!

Sometimes I tend to have some acid reflux.. Which makes me feel so bad.. Sometimes even some heartburn! But I've got a great medicine that my doctor recommended me.. I use Nexxum to deal with my gastric acid. I used to take one pill in the morning, before any meal, with just a sip of water to swallow. After some time, there are rare moments when I have more acid than usual, but after contacting my doctor, he told me that I was fine to take one pill in the morning and one at night. It's awful the feel of burning or cramps.. Sometimes I would even think it was hunger! Well, my remedy is Nexxum and it works great with me. What do you use or how do you cope with acid reflux?

Just a teenager who's finally enjoying the skinny feels <3 Thanks to my sleeve done by Dr. Wilhelmy.

roxytrim
on 12/18/15 6:06 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

I take lansoprazole (30mg) - a generic PPI every morning.  Very occasionally I'll start my work out forgetting to take my a.m. pills & I am reminded because I feel the burn coming on.  I don't like to have to take it because PPI do break down bone calcium, but this is the new normal for me.  I do ensure to keep my calcium up to fend off ostio. I do find if I graze all day or over indulge I will need to take an over the counter PPI before bedtime, just to take the edge off.  Fortunately this is not often.

stacyrg
on 12/18/15 9:48 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I take Protonix in the morning (40mg) and Omeprazole (40 mg) before dinner.  I also take 150mg of Zantac before bed.  When I have acid that wakes me up, I pop another 150mg Zantac.  But my acid reflux is pretty bad.

ThinnerRivers
on 12/18/15 10:12 pm - San Diego, CA

Sounds like plenty of medication.. I too have some bad acid reflux, but I hang in there. I hope you find something that really can cool it down for a longer while..!

Just a teenager who's finally enjoying the skinny feels <3 Thanks to my sleeve done by Dr. Wilhelmy.

yvonnef1964
on 12/18/15 5:59 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

I take prescription  omprezole every morning and never had a problem . I tried to go without it for two weeks  around 6 months post op I started to throw up so I went back on it.

ThinnerRivers
on 12/18/15 10:07 pm - San Diego, CA

Glad it works out for you! One time I went 5 days without my nexxum and I totally had an awful time... Silly how we have to suffer a bit just to never leave the meds..! haha, I sure know I won't try to skip a day without it again

Most Active
Recent Topics