has this happened to anyone else ?

gram247
on 12/16/15 9:20 am

Did your doctor call it a hiatial hernia?

I had this happen about 6 months after surgery & it was easily corrected. 

The symptoms were always feeling like something was stuck in my esophagus, unable to eat very much & slow digestion.  The surgeon explained that is probably occurred when I went to bed too soon after eating and the small stomach slipped through the diaphragm. 

Good luck with it.

WDP
on 12/16/15 11:06 am - Canada

No they didn`t label it as that but sounds pretty familiar to the symptoms I was having , and why we chose to do the Gastroscopy . 

diane S.
on 12/18/15 4:44 pm

my husband had a hiatal hernia show up about a year after veg. he had terrible gerd.  the hernia wasn't apparent during vsg. surgeon says sometimes all the abdominal fat holds everything in place and then things can slide when the fat is gone.

so when hubby had our same vsg surgeon repair the hernia, surgeon also discovered that his sleeve had stretched out around the top so he tightened it up more.  this surgeon, Dr. Cirangle , knows how to do a great sleeve so it was no failing on his part.  my husband used to eat too fast and then get sick. he has learned better.   you might need your sleeve tightened up.   gl    diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics