Feeling Run-Down and Can't Eat Enough

tdelson
on 12/9/15 8:55 am
VSG on 10/12/15

My doctor said liquid for 2 weeks, soft foods (yogurt consistency) for 2 weeks and 2 weeks semi soft foods (such as tuna or egg salad, ground meats). Maybe you should try less complicated foods?

Tink3125
on 12/9/15 11:33 am
VSG on 12/01/15

I am on my second week out and on full liquids for this week. To get my protein I use unflavored Isopure powder. One scoop has like 50g of protein. You can mix it in crystal light, broths and you cannot even taste it and you get your fluids at the same time.

I agree with everyone else in going back to liquids to give your self time to heal.

Tink

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 12/9/15 2:13 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I agree with the previous posters on going back to liquids, at least for now. Your body is healing right now & everyone heals at different rates. You might be taking on too much too soon. Slow it down. Tomato sauce is very acidic, you might want to stop that altogether while on a ppi.

Maybe try extending each stage & see how you feel. Like if liquids was for a week, try 2 b4 going onto the next stage. Keep it simple. Hopefully you'll feel better soon. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 12/9/15 3:16 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Wow.  I can't imagine eating any of those foods at 16 days after surgery.  I was specifically told to avoid strawberries for at least three months because the seeds can lodge in the staples and create infection.

Your post op plan may vary, but mine was:

2 weeks liquids (protein shakes)

2 weeks pureed foods

Soft foods starting after five weeks

Many of those foods are high in carbs.  I tried to stick with proteins.  Have you checked out Eggface's blog?

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

happyteacher
on 12/9/15 6:04 pm

Your stomach is letting you know you are not ready for pureed. Return to the full liquid phase and let everything rest for a time longer. Regarding vitamins, there is a patch available- no swallowing. Go here to patchmd.com  and try the multivitimin plus patch. (The hyperlink will take you right to the version I am referring too.)  There is a promo code out there...something like pmd40, and it will get you 40% off. Perhaps another poster can chime in with it if known. The patch is pretty new, but I have had my labs pulled at least a half a dozen times over the last couple of months due to other health issues, and my vitamin levels have never looked better- even with me struggling to keep food down at times and losing weight. Hang in there- 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

tonya2741
on 12/10/15 6:19 am

Good morning, everyone!

Thank you all so much for your kindness and wisdom. I have taken your advise and gone back to liquids, and I'm starting to feel much better already. I was feeling so miserable before, and your help has brought me out of the darkness. You all are the best! I haven't told my NUT yet, but I'm sure she'll be supportive.

I saw my regular physician yesterday afternoon, and he told me not to worry about the multi vitamins for now. He said just worry about the B12, C, Calcium and Iron. He said once my stomach heals, the multi will be better tolerated. He's very happy with my weight loss (he's been giving me heck for years about my weight) and my healing progress.  

On a side note, I think part of my misery can be placed on a ThinkThin protein bar I bought this weekend. I took a few bites of it on Sunday. On Sunday evening, I started to feel a little out of sorts. I ate a little more on Monday and Tuesday (still not even half the bar). Each day was more miserable than the next. I was fine Thurs, Fri and Sat after I started the soft diet. As I sat thinking WHY IS THIS HAPPENING, the bar dawned on me. That's really the only thing that was new. I stopped eating on it Wednesday, and by the end of the day, I was feeling about 50% better. Today, I'm feeling about 75% better. How can one small portion of a protein bar cause someone so much misery? Let me tell you, the rest of the box is going in the garbage!

Again, let me express how much I appreciate your support and wonderful advice. You have saved me from myself.

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL day!

Tonya

HW: 246; VGS: 11/23/15 Dr. Joel Sebastien; SW: 226; GW: 130; CW: 166  

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." Fred DeVito                 "Perhaps, this very instant is your time." Louise Bogan

"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today." Karen Lamb 

MAchick
on 12/10/15 9:25 am
VSG on 01/27/14

Hey Tonya, glad you're feeling better! Did you mention the back and side pain to your doctor? Is your urine looking ok?

tonya2741
on 12/10/15 10:21 am

Hi, MAchick, Thank you! I did mention the pain to my doctor, and he's ordered some bloodwork and a UA. My urine is very bright yellow, so it could correlate with the pain.

Thank you for your support.

Tonya

HW: 246; VGS: 11/23/15 Dr. Joel Sebastien; SW: 226; GW: 130; CW: 166  

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." Fred DeVito                 "Perhaps, this very instant is your time." Louise Bogan

"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today." Karen Lamb 

Most Active
Recent Topics