Damned Doctor's Office!

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/15 6:11 am

I know it is annoying to wait. He may be a doctor who actually takes time with his patients and really listens to them. He may have had some special case that came in who was not scheduled. Who needed to be seen. 

I had a instance where I was told to come to the office since I was having problems then he admitted me to the hospital for emergency surgery. 

Everybody's time is worth something I understand that. Sometimes doctors offices get backed up.

Neesie57
on 12/10/15 11:17 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

One of the other patients in the waiting room asked why there were two other people on the list who had appointments as they same time she did.  The receptionist said that they alway triple book him because he is usually so fast, so I know it is the staff's fault, not his.  He is not a very friendly man, usually matter of fact, without any warm fuzzies, but he is a good surgeon.  

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

White Dove
on 12/10/15 9:30 am - Warren, OH

When I started with my doctor 30 years ago he was new in town and not that busy.  I could make a lunch hour appointment and be back at work in 30 minutes.  There was no wait to see him. 

As time went by, he became very well known and much busier.  Now I know I will always be in the office for at least an hour and sometimes two hours.

If you don't want to wait for appointments, I suggest looking for a doctor who is just starting out and has few patients.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Ladytazz
on 12/10/15 11:06 am

I love my PCP.  She never hurries me and sometimes will spend half an hour talking to me about problems, even if it's a 15 minute appointment.

I come to the office prepared to wait.  I bring stuff to read, make calls and other things.  

My bariatric surgeon will sometimes be in and out of the room before I know he's even been in there.  

Most of the time I am called back before I can even sit down and it always surprises me.  

I don't make other plans on days I have doctor's appointments.  And I have a lot of appointments.  I expect to wait.  I actually don't mind.  It's my "me" time, lol.  I learned that when I was pregnant with my second baby.  It was the only time I had to myself at that time.

Honestly, for a good doctor, an hour wait is nothing.  For me that means that another patient is getting the time they need to help with their problems.  Even worse than waiting I hate to be rushed.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Dibaby45
on 12/11/15 8:47 am

Same thing happened to me. The annoying part is the doc made a point of telling us to please be punctual because he is lolll. I ended up not seeing the NUT after because I had to get back to work. I'm hoping the 6 month one in January goes better (and I make my goal!)

Surgeon: Dr. Heydari. Lap-Band to RNY bypass. Surgery June 23, 2015.

WereYorkie
on 12/11/15 10:35 pm
VSG on 05/11/15

Ha! I think I can top you... 

I had a 1 year check-up with for my sleep apnea doctor that was set for October 26th. Day before the appointment, the office calls and cancels. Resets the appointment for November 19th! I was so not pleased by this and explained that with this massive weight loss, the pressure was too high. They promise to call the doctor and talk to him. Next day, get a call. Please come in and the person in the office will turn down the machine from 13 to 10.

Fine, whatever. So I move all my errands around to get to the town over before they close and the MA turns down the machine.

Day before my next appointment, AGAIN with a phone call leaving a message cancelling the appointment. "But he'll be in a Saturday to see a couple of patients and you can come in then."

I call back and let them know that no, I can't come in on Saturday and that this is the 2nd time he's cancelled. I politely told them I was not a happy camper and to please call back ASAP and that I wanted an appointment for the following week. 

They've never responded.  You know, if he's sick or having family medical issues, then he should be sending his patients elsewhere. This is just so fricking unprofessional! GGGRRRR

I still don't know if I technically could go to a lower pressure--like an 8 or 9. I want to be off this darn machine soon! 

Highest Weight: 340 (7/2/14)  Initial Consult: 327.8 (2/24/15) Home Weigh In on Surgery Date: 291.8 (5/11/15) Today's Weight: 187.4 (5/20/16) Total So Far: 152.6 Pounds!!!!!!

"There's only us. There's only this... forget regret. Or life is yours to miss. No other road. No other way. No day but today."

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 12/14/15 2:46 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

You might want to write a note to the office manager. Be polite, but let them know that this was not OK. Having it in writing (include the date and time, and anyone you may have spoken to while you were there) may bring it more to their attention.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Recent Topics