2 week pre-op weight loss and excitement NSV and SV

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/15 1:35 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Hi all! I had my 2 week (really 9 day because they moved my surgery up) pre-op today and it went great! I'm down 7 more pounds since my visit which was 15 days ago (and Thanksgiving happened during that 15 days too) and the nurse practitioner said my health is really good for my weight and she was impressed by my EKG and lab results when she read them.

We talked about my health going forward and she had to write one of my medications in liquid form (Prozac) so I am not without for the 8 weeks after surgery where I cannot take pills. We talked about how my life was going to be going forward and I told her "I plan to make it amazing" and she told me "life if what you make it, it's your choice" and I told her "I choose for it to be amazing because I've been given this gift".

It was a double appointment so I also saw my dietitian and she was super happy with my weight loss and the new attitude I have towards food. I told her I see it for what it now is, fuel for my body. It doesn't mean I will never make mistakes or never crave something but putting food in the light of fuel versus the be all end all and letting it dictate my life has really helped. 

I'm so very glad I've made this decision while I was still young so I can reach my goal of being healthy enough to have a family of my own. I cannot say enough good things about today even though I only got 3 hours sleep so I'll be dead tired when I get off work tonight at 12:15am.

My SV is not even as good at my NSV of being generally more happy and feeling better about myself. I actually looked in the mirror today and instead of having my normal thoughts of "ugh look at my double chin I'm so fat and gross" etc etc I thought "I look pretty" that such a huge step for me because I normally have such a bad self image.

I want to thank everyone who has been so welcoming into this community, had provided me support, and read my posts. I appreciate every one of you so much more than you know. I hope to be a long time OH member and strive to learn more every day and  help newbies when I can. :) :D

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/15 3:26 pm

Sounds like your transformation is well under way. Congratulations in all you have achieved to date and what I am sure you will do in the future. Please keep us all updated and good luck with your surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/15 11:09 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Thank you PonderosaQ! I feel like a new person. I will definitely being keeping up to date with everyone as I am a jabber jaw (err fingers haha) and I like to have other people's input on things. I appreciate your kind encouraging words! :D

Most Active
Recent Topics