Is there any ....

twiddleDee
on 12/6/15 9:36 am

Is there any good, low/no sugar, high protein, taste good protein bars out there?  I will be traveling to Canada soon, and can't do nuts-yet. the few I've looked at all have as much sugar as the protein (14-22g of each) (is that for balance?ha!)

TIA- Dee

roxytrim
on 12/6/15 9:45 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Premier protien bars aren't too bad...stats are good & you can even get them here in the Great White North...enjoy your trip.

twiddleDee
on 12/6/15 1:29 pm

Thanks Roxy, will check them out- I am counting down the days, going to see my grandbabies for Christmas!! Dee

TrulyPhoenix
on 12/6/15 12:26 pm, edited 12/6/15 4:24 am - Calgary, Canada

Hi Dee,

There are 4 brands that both my husband and I like, we like pretty much like all the flavors they come in.  For bars we look for high protein & fiber with low sugar (we don't count sugar alcohols, but included it in case you do). I'm not sure if you're allergic to nuts or if you just can't eat them raw yet, so I'll list all 4 of our favorites but keep in mind that only the first one doesn't appear to contain nuts of any kind.

OhYeah One (Birthday Cake)

Calories: 220
Protein: 21g
Fiber: 9g
Sugar: 1g
Sugar Alcohol: 10g

B-Up (Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough)

Calories: 190
Protein: 20g
Fiber: 20g
Sugar: 2g
Sugar Alcohol: 1g

Quest (Mint Chocolate Chunk)

Calories: 190
Fiber: 15g
Sugar: 1g
Sugar Alcohol: 2g

Combat Crunch (Cinnamon Twist)

Calories: 210
Fiber: 12g
Sugar: 5g
Sugar Alcohol: 1g

twiddleDee
on 12/6/15 2:20 pm

Thank you so much Truly!  I appreciate you taking the time to post your fav's. I think I will be able to do nuts, I have always ate them, just can't yet. I am 11weeks out this tues.

Sad to say I only know/heard of one- the Quest one.  I am going to look for the others. Just the name of them sounds good!ha!  Dee

Maria27
on 12/6/15 12:35 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

I prefer pure protein. The peanut butter chocolate, chocolate delux, and peanut Carmel are good. The fruit and nut ones are my favorite, but they have more sugar than the others. I avoid sugar alcohols.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

twiddleDee
on 12/6/15 2:23 pm

Thanks Maria, I guess I should try to avoid sugar alcohols, haven't really eaten anything with that in it, I think?? I should pay more attention.  dumb question, but does sugar alcohols mean sugar free? I have seen pure protein at out local Kroger, but haven't tried any yet.  gonna check them out. peanut carmel sounds soooo good!! Dee

Maria27
on 12/6/15 2:48 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

Sugar alcohols are counted separate from sugar and are considered sugar substitutes. The reason that many people avoid them is because they can cause terrible gas and digestive distress depending on how much you eat. I do eat xylitol mints, but they only bother me if I eat several in a row. It's enough to keep me from trying anything with more sugar alcohol (they have .5 grams each).

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

Most Active
Recent Topics