Stalling / Gaining weight 3 weeks post op

AprilJoyVsg
on 12/5/15 7:30 pm - Birmingham, AL
VSG on 11/17/15

I need help. I was sleeved on 11/17 and I have started introducing semi normal foods back into my diet. I have gained 3 pounds and I have I have not lost anything in 2 weeks. I am scared! I will start working out on Monday 12/7. I was on another forum and someone was saying that they are 10 months out and have ONLY lost 10 pounds since from their starting weight. Could this be happening to me? Should I go back to liquids? 

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/5/15 8:56 pm

Just relax. It is normal water retention. Fluctuation. 

Just recently I had surgery. I was in a hospital for 5 hours.  "Gained" 7 lbs.  It took me a week to pee it out... 

Hormonal changes will do that... 

Just breathe.... Hugs..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

AprilJoyVsg
on 12/5/15 10:58 pm - Birmingham, AL
VSG on 11/17/15

Thanks! I didnt gain anything in the hospital. I was sent home with blood thinning injections and I swear they are making me retain fluids. Only 13 more days of injections!!!

MaraFaith
on 12/6/15 9:51 am - denham springs, LA

Hi April, you're definitely not alone. You have come to what they call the no good, terrible, not very nice 3 week stall. The best thing you can do is buy a voodoo doll, write the number '3' on it and stab it every hour on the hour until the scale starts to move again....not really. Don't worry, this is something that many if not most sleeve patients encounter. The important thing to know is that the scale WILL move again, it could just take a week or two. 

My surgery was 11/11/2015, and I also stalled out at two weeks. I've only lost a pound in the last eight days. As long as you are following your doctor's plan and tracking everything you put into your mouth, you'll wake up one morning and the scale will be on its way down again ;)

Until then, *hugs*. 

HW:362 SW:345 CW:287 GW:170 Surgery Date: 11-11-2015 with Dr. Bellenger

Sleeve_Getter
on 12/7/15 10:56 am
VSG on 09/21/15

Hi there!  I am almost 3 months post-op.  I stalled during weeks 2-3 also.  My nutritionist explained it to me this way -- your body is adjusting and stops to make sure it is "fine" at the level of energy it is being fed and says "yep I am fine, I can lose again".  During my journey so far, it has been very common to stay the same (+/- a pound or two) for a week, then lose 4 pounds in 4 days and then repeat that cycle over and over.  It still has averaged about 4-5 pounds per week over my 11 weeks so far, just in spurts.  Hope that helps.  It is normal!

Most Active
Recent Topics