Wasn't prescribed antacid for a week

Renren
on 12/11/15 11:50 am
VSG on 12/02/15

I went to my 1 week post op appt. yesterday. I told them what a hard time I was having trying to get in enough water and protein. After listening to my symptoms they realized that I wasn't given a prescription for antacids which I'm supposed to be on for at least 90 days. As soon as I took it ,it was like a miracle , I can drink easily now. I'm a little upset that I suffered a lot this last week unnecessarily. But feeling sooo much better.  I've lost 17 lbs since Dec 2. 

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

qtgonewild
on 12/11/15 2:57 pm

congrats girl!! sorry you didnt have them from the beginning. my surgery is monday. i have already been prescribed omeprazole its at home waiting. 

Karen D.
on 12/12/15 3:39 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

I didn't get any either upon discharge and woke up in the night with burning in my throat.  Called my doc and he said to take Prilosec.  I take it in the a.m. and before bed and it helped a LOT!  I had some sleepless nights because of the acid, but after taking the meds I was able to sleep.  Glad you are feeling better!

twiddleDee
on 12/12/15 8:19 am

What is with these dr's???  I don't think they have had the experience of this surgery!!  I was not given any either, but mentioned how miserable I had been feeling at my 1wk visit.  He then says " take tums".  of course after 1 tum, I felt so much better.  wish I had this site pre surgery, so much help!!  Glad you are on the mend!  woowoo 17lbs gone !!   Dee

Most Active
Recent Topics