Pizza Craving

mmsmom
on 12/11/15 3:58 am - Woburn, MA

I usually make my own - buy some dough at a local bakery and roll it out very thin...probably get in about 2/3 of a piece - chew well, enjoy every bite, move on.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Tracy D.
on 12/11/15 6:57 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You've got lots of good suggestions below.  I was a BIG pizza eater before surgery - at least once a week.  But I found that after surgery it just doesn't have the same impact.  It's kinda not worth it - I can only eat 1 piece, maybe 2 if they're small.  And I don't get the same satisfaction from eating it.  

I guess I'm grateful for this because I don't get huge cravings for it anymore.  But there's lots of good substitutes out there as other posters have indicated.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

emelar
on 12/11/15 7:46 am - TX

Get a portobello mushroom - you know, the big ones - and fill the center with pizza sauce, cheese and whatever other toppings you want.  Bake until melty and hot and eat.  The mushroom substitutes for the crust and you have the taste and feel of a deep dish pizza slice without the bread.

frisco
on 12/11/15 8:03 am

I use Lavash bread.....if I remember correctly this amount is about 5 or 7 carbs.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

NerdySquirrel
on 12/11/15 9:00 am

I've used both wonton wrappers and Flatout wraps for the base, turkey pepperoni (or turkey sausage crumbles, or Canadian bacon), low fat shredded mozz and the lowest sugar sauce I can find, and it satisfies me every time.  There are some other great suggestions here I'll have to try as well! 

HW: 378 | 1st Consult: 363 | Surgery: 339 | CW: 182

"We all have two lives. The second begins when we realize we only have one."

michellemj
on 12/11/15 9:13 am

I don't know how far out you are, but I've made this and it's amazing. I eat keto, so the fat may be too much for you, so sub the higher fat ingredients for lower fat ones if you'd like.

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2013/05/pepperoni-pizza-cauliflower-casserole-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html

docbad32
on 12/11/15 12:24 pm

I swap the crust out with a ham steak.  Meat pizza, with extra meat.  Basically a hamsteak, then tomato pizza sauce, cheese, pepperonis or ham or sausage or whatever.  Only carbs are in the sauce.  Much better flavor than some wanna be bread substitute.

VSG:  3/12/15

yvonnef1964
on 12/11/15 5:44 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

I made a pizza crust with cream cheese.

Most Active
Recent Topics