Pizza Craving

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/15 5:44 pm

What is a good low-carb easy pizza recipe that will satisfy my craving but keep me on track?

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/15 5:45 pm

Side note, not eating this anytime soon, just curious if a recipe exists to help combat the craving

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 12/10/15 5:54 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Try the world according to eggface. She has some great recipes, it might be on her blog.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Mary Gee
on 12/10/15 6:03 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I've seen recipes for pizza crusts made out of cauliflower and also chicken -- do a search for low-carb pizza crust....there are facebook groups with "bariatric" recipes that look delicious. 

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Shel25
on 12/10/15 6:26 pm

I am not someone who usually seeks out substitutes to old favorites because I am usually very disappointed in the results.    

That said, I made a ground chicken crust pizza  (link below) It was very good, even my teenager liked it.   I have made it twice, the second time I accidentally bought trader joe's low fat mozzarella instead of full fat and that was good, too.  

It freezes beautifully, too. 

http://www.bariatriceating.com/2015/06/chicken-crust-pizza-m argarita-nocarbpizza/?v=7516fd43adaa

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

diane S.
on 12/10/15 6:30 pm

just make a stir fry of pizza ingredients without the crust.   or if you must have crust, use a low carb tortilla.   D

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Donna L.
on 12/10/15 6:39 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Walmart sells St. Joseph low carb pitas that are 60 calories each and make a slightly-large for our stomach pizza.  They come out pretty good.  I think they have 6g of protein each too.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/15 6:53 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

When I crave pizza, I crisp up some reduced fat pepperonis in the toaster oven, top them with some sauce and cheese, then throw them back in the oven until the cheese is melted. It's so identifiably "pizza-y" that I don't even miss the crust.

Duetoprivacy
on 12/11/15 4:51 pm

I do that with turkey pepperoni and it's the bee's knees.

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/15 3:41 am

Went out for pizza last week for the first time since my surgery. My husband and I were on vacation and that was what he wanted to do. I found I was very happy with one teeny piece of very thin crust and then I pulled the topping off another slice and ate it with a few veggies. I was amazed at how much I enjoyed just the topping. at home I use low carb tortillas as a base just cos it easier than making an extra base from cauliflower or whatever since hubby wouldn't eat that. Don't worry you will still be able to find something to curb those pizza cravings if you still have them. Lots of things we loved before just don't tempt us after surgery, no idea why.

Most Active
Recent Topics