4 Year Surgiversary (Loooooong!)

ThinLizzy
on 12/9/15 6:41 pm

Yes, we're around--would love to meet up!

L.

Keith L.
on 12/8/15 10:44 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Be proud of yourself! you have had an amazing accomplishment. we all have our ups and downs. I did not read your whole post because I know we all have those ups and downs. I am just about a year behind you and I am not without issues, but I can still run a 5k. I can hold my own in the gym. I can dispense nutrition advice. I have gained, lost, gained and well you know how it goes...

Bottom line is get back in the game! this is up to you...or me...we all have our set backs!

I am glad you are back from the dark side! Make it happen!

Let me know next time you need a pep talk. I will gladly give you my contact info so you can call me when it gets ugly. I know it does for me often.

k

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/15 11:13 am

Hey Keith! It's great to see you here. It's been a while.

I do know how it goes. This is a journey and there are many twists and turns. I'm happy that I have been able to get to some of my core issues that address the weight I gained. It's making it very easy for me to stay the path and the weight is leaving gradually, but steadily!

Glad to know that you're getting back in the game, too!

J Connel
on 12/9/15 9:28 am
VSG on 04/13/15

Always one to provide great advice and wisdom - thank you!

JC 5'3" HW: 283.2 SW: 224.6 CW: 140.0  M1: -20.0 M2: -10.2 M3: -13.6 M4: -6.4 M5: -7.2 M6: -7.8 M7: -6.2  M8: -5.8 M9: -2.2 M10: -5

GOAL WEIGHT ACHIEVED 2/2/16 

Follow my blog at: www.sleeveforme2014.wordpress.com

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/15 11:08 am

Thanks!

Tracy D.
on 12/9/15 11:52 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Love this so much - the honestly, transparency, your story  And I love that you continue to come back here and pay it forward.  All the best to you 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/15 12:51 pm

Tracy, that means the world coming from you. You are one of the people I so admire and look to for guidance. You, too, put it out there just like it is and share your truth. I've learned being truthful with ourselves is the only way to stay on the right path - even when being truthful sucks!

All the best to you!

happyteacher
on 12/9/15 3:41 pm

A huge congrats there Karik. We were sleeved within 2 weeks of each other so I have followed you along this path step for step. You continue to be kind, honest, and uniquely supportive on this site- all of us benefit tremendously and I just want you to know how much you are appreciated. I love the part about life happens, stay on plan! It is so easy to rationalize that we will just take a brief break  until we deal with . Better to stay steady! Take good care of yourself!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/15 4:32 pm

Thanks HappyTeach! It's been a hell of a 4 year ride (and then some when you take pre op into account)! To be honest, I do my best to offer people what I need to offer myself. It's so easy to beat myself to a pulp over food transgressions and small detours from my plans. The more I practice being gentle in my approach the more I'm able to apply it to myself. I can't tell you the freedom I have now because I don't berate myself each and every time I veer off my path. It makes it so much easier to get right back on. 

Yeah, that taking a break thing. I've seen it so many times now that I think that newbies need to be warned about that strategy. It doesn't seem to work for most people in the long run. 

billmacc7
on 12/9/15 7:00 pm - MA

Great Post...I appreciate your honesty about the ups and downs of the WLS ...like a friend once said this is a Marthon not a Sprint!!!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Most Active
Recent Topics