Im so hungry

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/15 6:28 pm

Tomorrow is day 14 postop. So do I get to start puree on day 14 or day 15. Im losing it........im so hungry for real food.

Sherrie P.
on 12/2/15 7:07 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

My husband is three weeks out today. We have explored a variety of "real" foods! I am sure you are looking forward to it. Congrats on your surgery.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/15 8:47 pm

I went on a shopping spree.....never been so excited to be at a grocery store. I got some meat, and some eggs, and beans. Doc told me to start with just 1 puree meal on day 1 to see how it goes. So whats easiest folks out of these items for my 1st meal :

Pureed potato & beef in cream of mushroom

Pureed Shrimp with a smidge of cilantro and lime

Pureed Salmon with crab stuffing

Pureed Chicken with cooked spinach and a smidge of alfredo

Pureed deviled egg

Pureed refried beans with a smidge of enchikada sauce and cheese

Pureed Turkey Chili

Pureed italian pork with marinara and parmesean

Pureed beef and broccoli (separate purees)

Pureed Salmon with spinach and cream cheese

dudearino
on 12/2/15 10:13 pm

Take it slow, I am also on puree's and some stuff works and some stuff doesn't go down so easy.  Each day seems to get better but take small amounts and pause often.  I started with 1 scrambled egg with a small amount of cheddar cheese, seems to work for me in the mornings.  I also did tuna with light olive oil mayo.  I had some beans that didn't go down so well and some chicken that also I had some pain with.  Good Luck!

ladygodiva1228
on 12/3/15 7:43 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On December 3, 2015 at 4:47 AM Pacific Time, Hydrogirl wrote:

I went on a shopping spree.....never been so excited to be at a grocery store. I got some meat, and some eggs, and beans. Doc told me to start with just 1 puree meal on day 1 to see how it goes. So whats easiest folks out of these items for my 1st meal :

Pureed potato & beef in cream of mushroom

Pureed Shrimp with a smidge of cilantro and lime

Pureed Salmon with crab stuffing

Pureed Chicken with cooked spinach and a smidge of alfredo

Pureed deviled egg

Pureed refried beans with a smidge of enchikada sauce and cheese

Pureed Turkey Chili

Pureed italian pork with marinara and parmesean

Pureed beef and broccoli (separate purees)

Pureed Salmon with spinach and cream cheese

Honestly, at 14 days out I would be looking at scrambled eggs, the turkey chili, or refried beans.  Stay away from unwanted carbs like potatoes and stuffing. 

The other stuff even pureed sounds like they could be a bit heavy/dense for your new stomach.  Most folks don't puree beef, shrimp, salmon, chicken, etc. They will wait to try them once they move to the solid food stage. 

Did your surgeon give you a plan to follow and a list of things that you could eat?

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/15 11:05 am

Haha I got a bit ahead of myself shopping. Its all freezable so the heavier stuff can wait. :) so excited.

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/15 11:07 am

I do have a plan. All of tge items are approved except for the beef, so that is going to be frozen and used in stage 3.

cappy11448
on 12/3/15 5:04 am

My program skipped the pureed stage, and just told us to chew really well.  I started with things like scrambled eggs, and tuna salad mixed with a lot of mayo - my portions were so small that the mayo calories weren't a problem.  I also like the egg face recipe for ricotta bake.  I ate cold cuts  like thin sliced deli turkey or ham.  I'd roll it over a mozzarella cheese stick for a real feast! hehehe

I chose to stay away from some of the staples of the pureed stage like refried beans and sweet potatoes because I am very sensitive to carbs waking the carb monster, but you may be able to tolerate these foods, and they add some nice variety.

One thing I would recommend - Go Slow.  Your capacity may be very small when it comes to solid foods, and eating too much is very unpleasant and painful.

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/15 7:04 am

I found scrambled eggs were a good thing at the begining. Many people find chicken doesn't go so easily at first. I also found most things when pureed with a little mashed potatoes went down ok. Jus****ch the amount of potatoes, they can be as bad in waking the carb monster as beans. It is just  trial and error at first. Let us know what works for you and good luck.

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/15 11:15 am

Ni think I have the cookie monster. Im not craving carbs, lately Im craving meat and veggies. Ive never been much of a snacker. My appwtite was to large and dessert is my achilles heel. I feel really triumphant that the cookie monster hasnt made a peep so far.

Most Active