A month (and a few days) post-op update

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/15 8:36 am

Well, I had surgery on 11/5. My first few days were brutal, but the awesome folks on here got me through it. 

I am 26.5 pounds down since the morning of surgery. I definitely have seen the loss slow down a bit, but that's okay. I eat about 4000-600 calories a day. That's usually a protein shake, some broth from soup and 3/4 of a  sausage link. I find that sticking to the same food every day helps me lose a bit more. If I don't do that, I obsess about fat and sugar and calories, so it's really for my own peace of mind. 

A few NSVs: a ring I wear on my middle finger fits again (it had been downgraded to my ring finger as apparently my fingers got fat, too). My jeans fall off and I actually DRY THEM! :-)

I told my family about my surgery (only my mom knew prior to 3 weeks in). No one at work or in my family has noticed the weight loss (except the people that know I had it done). I actually don't even mind because I know how much I've lost and I have started to only care how I feel, rather than projecting my insecurities onto other people. I reached my first goal, which was to lose 25 pounds in the first 30 days. My next goal is 168, which is where my BMI enters "overweight" range. 

Best decision I have ever made, hands down. The first few weeks were tough and some days, some hours are hard, some minutes are hard. But I (as will you) make it through each time. Sometimes I cheat and suck on a lifesaver. Sometimes I eat / drink way less that I should. But I always go back to square one and remember that this is a lifestyle change and right now is the time to learn all the food ha is that I will carry forward for the rest of my life and I hop right back on the wagon. 

My love and well wishes to all of you as we all fight the fight  and raise each other up!

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/15 8:49 am

400-600 calories a day, that is. Couldn't eat 4000 if I wanted to!

also, my weight the day of surgery was 199.5. Highest weight was 210. 

psychoticparrot
on 12/5/15 4:00 pm

I remember your posts when you were having a rough time. I'm glad to hear you came through surgery okay and are starting to see the beginning of the wonderful changes the next year will bring.

It sounds like you're doing well, and although you have some rough days, like the rest of us, you're working through them. I've hopped "right back on the wagon" quite a few times myself. 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/15 5:37 pm

Thanks so much psychoticparrot; you made a great impact on me with your tough love and realism. It's something I will never forget!

Most Active
Recent Topics