Surgery moved up 6 days getting nervous and excited.

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/15 10:14 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Thanks Cappy I am super excited I hope it goes smoothly for me!

LA5767
on 12/2/15 7:38 am

How wonderful for you!!!  Please keep us posted.

Lynne

Patm
on 12/2/15 8:15 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sorry I can not read this. Please do not use so little contrast

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/15 10:18 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Updated to be easier to read sorry for the mystery font. 

psychoticparrot
on 12/2/15 8:49 am

Arrange to leave a pillow in the car of whoever is going to pick you up from the hospital. Holding it against your stomach on the way home makes all the little bumps in the road less uncomfortable.

All I needed at the hospital were PJ bottoms, lip balm, and my Kindle. You'll be too busy at the hospital to do much, what with the being operated on, recovering from anesthesia, getting wheeled around, being checked constantly by nurses, trying to sleep, taking frequent short walks (this is where the PJ bottoms come in handy), sipping your first liquids, then being discharged. The hospital supplies nearly everything you need. 

Good luck! 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/15 10:16 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Thank you! I am definitely bringing yoga or pj pants so I am not flashing the whole hospital taking my short walks. I've never stayed in a hospital so I was unsure what they provided. 

cheapskate
on 12/3/15 5:44 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

I must be trashy... I left the hospital in the same clothes I wore in. I had them on for all of an hour and they were my favorites. 

Less is better. Toothbrush, tooth paste kindle and clean underwear.. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/15 11:03 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

That's not trashy I am pretty sure that's what I will end up doing too! I am thinking some loose yoga pants/leggings and a big sloppy but comfy T-shirt so that I can put the pants under the tummy and not have it hanging out because it's cold here right now. Thank you for your reply! :D

mictariam7
on 12/4/15 3:36 pm

Congrats on your surgery date Kellbellcda.  I packed as light as I could and followed the advice on the board here.  Other than clothes to wear home, a pillow, bathrobe, phone charger, lip balm, my glasses, and a puzzle book (which I didn't use) I only took some things like toothbrush, hairbrush, etc.  That was it, one small bag.  It worked out perfect.  My doctor also gave me my postop prescriptions beforehand so I had my meds already when I arrived home.  If your doctor hasn't done that I would see if they could call them in for you to pick up now.  Then just make sure you have the foods for your diet when you get home like someone else posted below. 

I'm sure surgery will go smooth as silk so take some deep breaths and remember why your doing this and that will help you through.  Someone also suggested to me here to make up a bucket list of the things you want to be able to do that you can't do now.That helped me a lot during the times I was anxious before surgery. Maybe you could start on that bucket list too.

Good luck on your surgery.  It will be over before you know it.  :)

M

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/15 12:10 am, edited 12/5/15 6:40 am
VSG on 12/17/15

Thank you for your kind words! I definitely want to see if my surgeon will call in my prescriptions early I need to write that on my questions list for my "2 week pre-op" which is only really 9 days pre-op. Also great idea about the bucket list I do already have a few which  include "fly while fitting comfortably in the seat without a seat belt extender" and "shop in a non plus sized specialty store". 

Most Active
Recent Topics