Planning ahead?

ubserved
on 11/21/15 7:45 am

I think you need to look at these holidays as just 'holidays' and not 'eating holidays'. I would think that should be your first step.

diane S.
on 11/21/15 12:22 pm

good plan Kairk.  My plan is to eat like any other day but maybe allow a sliver of pumpkin pie.  Dinner is at sister in law house who is known for huge dinners, but this year she has lost a lot of weight and is doing better. So I will bring the mashed cauliflower and bread for the "others"  and maybe a sugar free homemade apple sauce.  Plan to have a decent ham here so guests can make sandwiches.  mashed carrots are a good sub for sweet potatoes. 

another good side dish is creamed spinach made with frozen chopped spinach and fat free sour cream. 

diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

psychoticparrot
on 11/21/15 4:23 pm

Keeping your plan principles in mind, I plan to evaluate every day as it arrives. For example, my husband and I were expecting our son and his family to come to us in New Orleans for Thanksgiving (I was thinking maybe "turducken"), but my son just started a new job and can't take the time off to come.

Our landlord kindly included us in his Thanksgiving plans. I met his girlfriend today, and she is the one who will be preparing the dinner. After offering to help with preparations, I told her that I would be eating only a tiny amount at the dinner and not to be offended because I had bariatric surgery and couldn't eat much (I showed her a "before" photo I carry in my wallet and got a very gratifying "Oh my God!"). 

The point is: No one is expecting or will be encouraging me to eat a lot for Thanksgiving dinner. So that's Thanksgiving taken care of! Pre-planning is key. Thanks, kairk. Now, what do to about Christmas?

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Recent Topics