The parrot cruises Bourbon Street.

psychoticparrot
on 11/19/15 5:39 pm

Just back from an exhilarating day in the French Quarter. Took the streetcar from uptown to the Quarter, then spent the next 6 hours strolling around, checking out the sights. On Bourbon Street, my husband and I passed a "gentlemen's club," where the guy outside kindly invited us in. He said to my husband, "Good show inside." My husband said, "No thanks." Then the guy saw me and asked, "Want to see some boobies?" I laughed and said, "No thanks. I've got some of my own." He said, "Show 'em to me."  I said, "If I did, you'd go blind!" If this happened anywhere but Bourbon Street, I'd have been shocked. Shocked, I say! 

Other than being sorta propositioned, my other adventure was to take a sip of my husband's Hurricane at Pat O'Briens. Tasted like alcohol-infused Kool-Aid. Not impressed. I ate a few chunks of beef from my his shepherd's pie, and that was it for the Quarter. I had nothing else to eat or drink, other than water. I must be one of the few tourists who leave the Quarter in better health than when they went in.

I'm back at our rental for the evening, exhausted but content with a very interesting day. According to my FitBit, I walked 5 miles today. I can hardly believe it! Before my surgery, 10 months ago, I couldn't walk from one room to another without stopping to catch my breath! This surgery has literally saved my life.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

happyteacher
on 11/19/15 6:30 pm

Ahhh.... a lot of happy memories there! My daughter got to pick where we went to vacation two summers ago, and she picked NOLA. I ended up finding a condo to rent for a month for under $1,000 in Slidel, so we spent a while there. We loved it! 

Favorite restaurant: Willa Maes Scotch House

Husband loved the swamp tour-

"The Shack" bbq place in Biloxi was worth the trip

My daughter LOVED catching a show at Preservation Hall, so if you like Jazz all that is a must see

My younger daughter loved the street artists at Jackson square

Cafe Dumond is over rated, but if there is no line then if nothing else it is a good deal

I loved the jazz on Frenchman stree

And just walking flipping everywhere and taking it all in!

Stay away from Sucre- a palace of sugary decadence. Magazine street (where it is located) is worth a look though if you tire of the French Quarter

My daughter begged to go back, so we drove 17 hours to to spend 2 nights there last Spring break. We will return!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

psychoticparrot
on 11/19/15 6:50 pm

Thanks for the tips! I didn't have time for Jackson Square today, but it's on the schedule. I did a swamp tour on my last trip, so don't feel the need to do it again, although I love the gators. I got to hold a 2-foot baby gator named Elvis. Sweet little reptile. 

We have no car, so we're restricted to NO and wherever the streetcars and taxis can take us. As for sugar decadence, I've passed more divinity shops than I can count. So far, not tempted. I do plan to try jambalaya and a few other Cajun classics.

But the best part is, like you said, just walking flipping everywhere and taking it all in!

psychoticparrot

MaraFaith
on 11/19/15 10:14 pm - denham springs, LA

We go to the Audobon Zoo and Aquarium twice a year. Check them out if you have the time. Also, catch lunch at Commander's Palace :D

HW:362 SW:345 CW:287 GW:170 Surgery Date: 11-11-2015 with Dr. Bellenger

psychoticparrot
on 11/20/15 6:01 am

Thanks!

psychoticparrot

LS2dv8
on 11/20/15 2:10 am

Congrats on having a fantastic trip!  Sounds like you are having a great time!  Getting all those steps in is fantastic!   Way to go

LS2DV8

suzyq584
on 11/20/15 9:14 am

How fun!  I love New Orleans.  Great job!

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

Lisa167
on 11/20/15 9:45 am
VSG on 08/14/14

your fellow parrot approves ;-)

Most Active
Recent Topics