HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

S. Stroud
on 11/20/15 8:21 am

I wanted to know if it's common to have a stall in weight at around week 6-7.  I've been at the same weight now going on the 2nd week.  I'm getting a little discouraged, and just wanted to know your experiences with this.

S.Stroud

Joan24
on 11/20/15 8:44 am

Hi, I'm a newbie, pre-op in two weeks BUT have done much research and reading through other peoples comments and from what I'm told and have read; it's common to have a "stall" and during the stall many people experience loss in the form of inches and not pounds.  So don't be discouraged, keep up the good work and it'll catch up to you!  Good luck!

cmarylose
on 11/20/15 9:20 am

Stalls are completely NORMAL.  Your body is undergoing a massive transformation and it needs time to "catch up" with what is happening.  Many people encounter the first stall at 3 weeks.  If you go to the search function and type in 3 week stall you will find hundreds of inquiries on the subject.  While you may not be losing pounds, check your measurements.  Often you'll find you're losing inches during the stall.  

Now, it is MOST IMPORTANT during this stall to FOLLOW YOUR PLAN.  You are not failing, the plan is working and you must trust the process.  You're going to encounter stalls all along your journey.  You might even see a regain of a pound or two.  Don't deviate from your plan.  Your plan will work, if you work the plan.  Consider this first stall your "leap of faith".  Trust, follow the rules, and you'll see progress soon.  

"Well behaved women rarely make history!"  Laurel Thatcher Ulrich.

S. Stroud
on 11/20/15 9:30 am

Thanks so much for the info.

cappy11448
on 11/20/15 9:37 am

Weight on the scale reflects many changes in our bodies, not just fat burned.  Water retention, hormonal changes, and other factors can affect the scale number.  Try to remember that if you are eating less calories than your body needs to function, then you are burning fat no matter what the scale says.  So stick to the plan, and you'll see a drop in the weight in its own time.

If you think your food intake might be creeping up and affecting the weight loss, then I'd suggest weighing, measuring and logging everything you eat to be sure you are on plan.  But if you are eating on plan, the weight loss will come.

keep the faith.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

S. Stroud
on 11/20/15 11:20 am

Thanks for the encouragement.

ubserved
on 11/21/15 7:49 am

Also consider the fact that if you are exercising, you are building muscle in addition to losing fat, muscle if I recall correctly weighs 5x more than fat, and that's a weight gain or weight loss nullification that you should be happy for, watch the inches as others have mentioned. Stay focused.

justpete
on 11/22/15 5:34 am
VSG on 04/02/13

"stalls" are common, especially for women (monthly)  ... let your food and exercise logs be your guide to how well you are doing.  the weight loss will follow if you are doing everything you can on those 2 fronts.

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

Most Active
Recent Topics