Two days to D-Day so to speak

Donna L.
on 11/15/15 12:25 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I slept on my left side the night I got home three days after surgery.  Much to my surprise I slept on my back in the hospital - something I also never am typically able to do.  SSurgery totally wiped me out.

I had zero sleeping restrictions.  Lying on my chest and stomach was uncomfortable for some time, especially where the new tummy was.  The sides were no problem, though.  It was actually easier to get up after side sleeping than back sleeping, anyway.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

psychoticparrot
on 11/15/15 1:09 pm

The only restriction I had was that I couldn't sleep on my right side for a few days, which was where the drainage tube had been located before they removed it the day after the surgery. It was a bit sore there. But otherwise, no problems.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active