Gastric sleeve louisiana

bluetinker31
on 11/14/15 1:20 pm

Hi! I am looking for any information on Dr. Thomas Borland In New iberiaLA. I am having surgery 12/14/15. I have not found much info from pass patients recently. thanks

MaraFaith
on 11/14/15 3:05 pm - denham springs, LA

Hi Bluetinker31. I was initially going to have surgery with Dr. Borland, he was a very polite man, great bedside manner and all of his staff were very friendly. His cash price in very hard to beat. His mortaility rate is 3/700, which is about the national average. I would have had surgery with him, however found out that my family knew one of the patients he had lost which sort of threw a monkey wrench into the situation. 

I ended up going with Dr. Bellenger who hadn't lost a sleeve patient in 1200 surgeries, but had I not known the patient Dr. Borland had lost, I would have been happy to have him as my surgeon. The only thing I can say about him on the negative side, would be that he didn't do a lot of pre-op testing. I'm guessing to keep cost down. Another of his patients has a blog titled "Sleevin' in the South" you could google her easily to find out how she is doing. Also, if you have any other questions, please feel free to send me a PM. 

Cheers!

HW:362 SW:345 CW:287 GW:170 Surgery Date: 11-11-2015 with Dr. Bellenger

xray_girl
on 11/14/15 3:21 pm

I went to Dr. Hargroder - they are in the same building! I actually considered Dr. Bellenger. (can't remember what was the final decision maker).  I honestly was only considering Dr. Borland for the price.. 

bluetinker31
on 11/14/15 5:27 pm

Thanks so much, now I have a lot to think about.

MaraFaith
on 11/14/15 6:12 pm - denham springs, LA

Its a heck of a small world :) I never met Dr. Hargroder but I knew they were partners. Thats neat.

HW:362 SW:345 CW:287 GW:170 Surgery Date: 11-11-2015 with Dr. Bellenger

Most Active