Best tasting protein shake

healthymekg
on 11/13/15 1:50 pm

Awesome!  Thanks!  Do you happen to know how long that sale runs? 

jrspriggs
on 11/13/15 2:17 pm - MD

No I don't. You can always order them online. They are okay for a protein drink, 40 grams of protein in one bottle. I also bought Isopure protein powder, 50 grams of protein, I will try it in the morning and let you know how it tastes. 

Erosie23
on 11/13/15 3:26 pm

I am 2 and 1/2 weeks post op. I was putting iso pure unflavored in everything!!  It's great. I also have been doing unjury. I like all the flavor a except the strawberry. It was recommended highly by my step mother and a friend of mine who had a DS and the bypass. ?

C J
on 11/13/15 6:56 am - , TN

Premier Protein chocolate tastes like yoohoo!!!! I am not sure about any clear ones though.

CJ

Living > Existing

256/231/135

White Dove
on 11/13/15 7:10 am - Warren, OH

I am in my ninth year since surgery and have tried every protein drink out there.  There is still only one protein shake that tastes good.  It is BSN Syntha-6. 

Other whey protein powders, no matter how well flavored, smell like sour milk.  Syntha-6 does not have that nasty smell.  I love to open up a container and inhale the smell.  It smells like a box of cake mix.

For months after my surgery I drank stinky protein shakes and I include Isopure and Syntrax Nectar in my definition of stinky.  I put them in a sippy cup so I could get them down without smelling them.  I added Crystal Lite and sugar-free syrups.  I blended with ice or frozen strawberries.  No matter what I did that smell was there. I drank them anyhow because I was determined to lose the weight and considered the sacrifice worth it.

When I discovered Syntha-6, I threw all the other shakes out.  Everything else was pure torture compared to Synthra-6.  I loved and looked forward to my shakes with Syntha-6.  I tried all flavors but ended up with Chocolate Milkshake and Vanilla Ice Cream as my staples.  I kept those on hand until I stopped using protein shakes at three years out.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

NateH
on 11/13/15 7:17 am
VSG on 09/26/14

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

Luvmygs
on 11/13/15 7:23 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I've been through so many protein shakes and finally found something I REALLY enjoy. I also believe that everyone on the forum will have their own best tasting protein shake. I'm currently using Magnum Quattro Vanilla Ice Cream. I mix this daily with frozen strawberries or 1/2 banana + TJ's cocoa powder.

TerriLMac
on 11/13/15 7:38 am

My favorite is the Unjury protein power in "Splendor Chocolate."  I mix it in a blender with non-fat milk and ice to make a milkshake.  Sometimes I add a half of banana and it tastes just like a chocolate-banana milkshake.  Delicious!  I didn't care for Premiere Protein in the ready-to-drink packages at Costco.  They were too thick and too chalky for me.  Good luck!  You should be able to find one you like with all the choices out there!

Terri

midwiferywoman
on 11/13/15 3:18 pm
VSG on 12/04/15

I just ordered a sample  pack of Unjury . . . thanks for the input!

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit" -Aristotle
SW: 237lbs | Lap Band Feb 2010 | LW: 188lbs | Post op baby Feb 2013 | July 2015 slipped band diagnosed | Oct 2015 band port eroded through adominal wall | 10/20/15 lap band removed | Regained to 215lbs | VSG: 12/4/2015 | LW: 148lbs but settled around 154lbs | Post-op baby #2 born Jan 2018 | CW: 160lbs

Chanti_
on 11/13/15 3:12 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

Just don't stock up on too much.  Protein powders that I had tried and really liked before surgery, I found intolerably sweet over the next weeks post op.

Now I like the UNjury Chicken Soup flavor, their chocolate splendor and strawberry I find too sweet especially mixed with milk.  Not as bad in unsweetened almond milk.

I have taken to adding a scoop of chocolate protein powder to my decaf coffee in the morning.  After adding a little skim milk it makes a decent mocha.  Gives me a head start on my daily protein requirement. You do need to let any hot beverage cool to less then 140F or your protein will clump. I use a meat thermometer, works well.  If you put your milk in first usually it's cool enough to add your protein.

Most Active