Hurry up and now wait

alaskandad
on 11/9/15 3:50 pm

It seems like the last 2 months has been crazy running around getting all the tests and evals done for insurance approval. Now its all done and I just have to wait. I really don't like this part.

I started my research on hear over a year ago and then did my 6months of Dr. & nutritionist supervised weight loss before I ever visited my a surgeon. I spoke with the two that were close and made my decision after talking with some that used each. Its funny the one I chose was not the one with the fancy Bariatric office with all the support in the office. I chose the one with better surgery record. I can only feel comfortable doing that with this site. You guys have been so helpful and I plan to lean on you ever more as I go through all of this.

So a tentative date of December 7th has been scheduled pending Insurance approval. I hope it all goes through in time, I really want to get this done prior to the end of the year.

Thank you everyone for your prior and future help.

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/15 4:26 pm

The waiting at the end seems like forever once you are ready. Hope the time passes faster than you expect. Good luck with your surgery.

alaskandad
on 11/10/15 9:42 am

Thank you. I am so busy with the kids it should go quickly.

mictariam7
on 11/9/15 5:37 pm

I hope it goes super fast.  Mine went way faster than I expected.  I called last week and found out we were waiting on 1 report.  Then the surgeon's office called this afternoon while I was out and said they had all the paperwork in and were sending it out for approval.  They called back a few hours later and already had the approval, which was incredible!  I never expected it the same day, in fact didn't think that was even possible.  So my surgery is already scheduled in a few weeks.  I thought I would be waiting a few more weeks.  I pray you get your answer and date as quick as I did.  I wish you the very best of luck on it alaskan dad.

Mictariam7

alaskandad
on 11/10/15 10:17 am

Wow, that is fast. I am hoping for 2 weeks, but would take faster. Good luck with your surgery. Hopefully I will be right on your footsteps.

Most Active
Recent Topics