Cheers! Liquid diet day 1.

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/15 7:19 am

so it begins...my 7 day liquid diet. Any helpful tips, suggestions, favorite items that saved your sanity? 

suzyq584
on 11/13/15 7:30 am

Be SO THANKFUL you are only on the liquid diet for 7 days!  Many of us were on it for twice that long and some even longer!!

I enjoyed chicken broth during my liquid days and now that the weather is cooler, it may be even better!

Good luck!

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/15 11:47 am

Omg I know right. I lost 50 lbs during my supervised nut workup so they gave me leniency. So frickin greatful.

jrspriggs
on 11/13/15 8:39 am - MD

I am almost done with my two weeks of liquids (surgery is on Tuesday). Luck for me my doctor allows small meals at dinner and two healthy snacks (piece of fruit, hard boil egg and yogurt). It honestly hasn't been all that bad. I did think I would loose a little more weight then I have (6 lbs.) I have had chicken broth with protein powder (tasteless) and added seasoning and it was actually pretty tasty. I have also added carnation instant breakfast powder (about a quarter of a packet) to add a little flavor to my protein shakes. I also add crushed ice to them, it makes them feel like a milk shake.

Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/15 11:51 am

omg so jealous here I am staring down a saltine cracker like its chocolate...lmao. 

psychoticparrot
on 11/13/15 2:05 pm, edited 11/13/15 6:06 am

Throw out that saltine! And if it has friends, throw them out too. You can no longer afford to eat empty carbs before surgery, after surgery and, well, ever! Get them out of the house.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

akanikkie
on 11/13/15 8:47 am
VSG on 04/27/15

Congrats on starting your journey!  You will make it through - just remember the liquid phase is temporary!

HW: 448; SW: 376; CW: 321

ubserved
on 11/14/15 10:24 pm

I have surgery this upcoming Tuesday. I was on a two week liquid diet for the pre-op phase. The first 3-4 days absolutely sucked, and I mean sucked out loud, after that it was easier. My routine is the Premier Protein shakes that I got from Costco. I also have sugar free jello and my zero calorie Sobe Lifewaters. The nice part about the jello is that it's 5 calories per ready to eat cup. I am too lazy to make my own lol. So you can actually indulge a little bit on the jello if you are having hunger issues. In 10 days or so I have lost like 23 pounds. So it has helped keep my eye on the goal. A bit of advice, if you are going to run errands that have you walking all over the place, make sure you have someone with you. I did a Costco run on like day 5 of the pre-op phase to stock up on my sobes, protein shakes and so on and pushing that large flatbed cart at Costco had me swaying like crazy by the time I left, I think only through sheer determination is the only reason I didn't drop. Good luck on the 7 day, you got off lucky. 8)

Most Active