i don't think i'm doing too well

meteb_otb
on 11/13/15 3:31 pm

i doesn't :) but i get it occasionally .. meaning not on a regular basis  .. and yes i am seeing a dietitian and she's not happy with my results as well

cappy11448
on 11/13/15 6:17 am

100 pounds in 6months is EXCELLENT.   Its just going to take some time to get to goal. 

I think its important to manage the expectations.  How often do you hear of anyone losing 100 pounds in 6months?  it is great work.  As long as the scale is moving downward, you're on the right track. 

Personally, I don't eat pizza and pasta because it causes cravings for me.  But if you can eat them and still lose weight, and not be overwhelmed by cravings, then its working for you

best of luck,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

meteb_otb
on 11/13/15 3:32 pm

thank you i really do hope so

ubserved
on 11/14/15 11:02 pm

Actually my brother had surgery 12 years ago and lost 100 pounds in the first two months, at his heaviest he was nearly 500 pounds and got down to 295 at 6'4" and looks pretty good. He also didn't go on the carbs to any extent. While a 100 pound weight loss is great, it seems like dietary choices are slowing him down. If I were him I would go back to the post surgical programs starting at the soft foods and see if it helps him.

GoBlueGirl1998
on 11/13/15 10:39 am - MI

you have lost 100 lbs, I repeat you have lost 100 lbs! Looks at the positives first!! I would  cut back on the carbs as much as possible. No pizza or pasta! If you really need pizza eat the toppings or make yourself one with cream cheese crust. Focus with your food and see where that gets you!  

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

meteb_otb
on 11/13/15 3:35 pm

wonderful idea with the pizza toppings .. i'll have to avoid the Greece too .. i try to look at the positives but unfortunately the negatives always seem alot more noticeable

Chanti_
on 11/13/15 4:33 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

You're on a journey, and you are not done yet.

It sounds like you already know what you are doing wrong.  You said in your post that some of your choices are not the best. If you cut out the pizza crust, pasta and high carb starchy veg like potatoes, the scale will move in the right direction.  It's good that you are starting to use a food tracker.  You should also measure and weigh your portions.  Don't guess what a 1/2 cup serving is, as you will find most of us take more then what we estimate.  I tried this one day, just to see how close i was, I plated what I thought was 1/4c of spaghetti squash, and 3oz of salmon.  I was way off, I had to put some back in the pot. 

Swimming is excellent exercise, perhaps you could step it up to 5-6 times a week, or alternate the days you swim with brisk walking or an aerobics class.  Do you have a pedometer?  You could set daily goals for yourself.  Start at 5000 steps a day and then gradually increase to 10000 steps a day over time (just so you know I don't usually get my 10000 steps, but I'm working on it... we are all works in progress here). 

Please don't discount the progress you have made so far 100 lbs is an amazing achievement! Keep rockin' your sleeve and you will get there.  I said to someone recently that sometimes I feel like working the sleeve is a full time job.  Between portioning meals, meal planning and exercise, a lot of effort goes in to being successful at weight loss.  But I am learning healthy habits like portion control, and daily exercise that will be the tools I need for long term success.  The sleeve is just one aspect, the rest is our determination to be healthy.

Most Active
Recent Topics