chynadoll67
on 11/10/15 3:06 pm

Hello ALL!

Well I have been stalking this site for a very long time. I first began to stalk when I was considering having the lap band done about five years ago. But, I decided not to have the procedure. I thought that if I could lose weight on a doctor's supervised diet as my insurance company required then I did not need surgery. Well, I lost weight, but just like every other time I also gained that and many more pounds back. Early this year it finally dawned on me that I have never been successful at weight loss without the help of some "aid". So, that is when I began this journey. I have been approved for the sleeve and my surgery date is 11/23/15. I am currently on day two of the liquid diet and I must say that sometimes it is far more difficult than I thought it would be. I gain strength by coming on this site and reading the stories and hearing the encouragement given to others. I realize that the sleeve will not perform magic but I am grateful that I will have the tool to help. I am excited in so many ways but nervous in just as many. I trust God to be with me throughout the process.

I don't know how the site really works but I just wanted to say hello and to make it known that I am out there

rhudson
on 11/10/15 3:13 pm - Melrose Park, IL
VSG on 12/09/14

Congratulations on your decision to get the sleeve. I too was able to lose with "aids" always to gain it back. I truly believe I have a good chance of keeping the weight off this time.  I'm working hard to make that the case.

Best of luck to you and keep us posted on your progress.  

Surgery Date: 12/9/14 - Highest Weight: 349 - Surgery Weight: 305 - Current Weight: 137
Goal reached in 13 months - 212 total pounds lost including pre-op
(M1: -20) (M2: -18) (M3: -11) (M4: -11) (M5: -14) (M6: -1) (M7: -18) (M8: -7) (M9: -15)

(M10: -13) (M11: -7) (M12: -10) (M13: -10) (M14 -6) (M15: -7) - 168 lbs lost post-op

chynadoll67
on 11/10/15 4:34 pm

Thank you

psychoticparrot
on 11/10/15 3:46 pm

When that moment of truth occurs, that moment when you know you just can't manage it entirely on your own -- that's one bad moment. It's hard to admit that our weight controls us, not the other way around. It also takes courage to take that next step and look into surgery. The best of luck to you.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

chynadoll67
on 11/10/15 4:36 pm

Yes, definitely a wake up....even when you have known it all along. Thanks for the well wishes!

Sandra F.
on 11/10/15 6:07 pm

Welcome and congrats on your decision!  I too wanted the lap band for a long time because of it is reversible but found from this site and many others that a lot of people are not successful with the band, so I opted for the sleeve.  Good luck to you on your surgery and weight loss goals.

dakruskie
on 11/10/15 9:21 pm

Hi ChynaDoll! We have a similiar story. I am new myself, but the support here is wonderful.  I wish you the best of luck.

Dawn

Most Active
Recent Topics