9 days post-op and frustrated

msecanales
on 11/5/15 6:57 pm

I had my surgery 10/26/15 so I am 10 days out. My weight after my pre-op diet was 259 lb. Today- 10 days later, I weigh 253! That's only a 6 lb loss. I actually gained almost 2 lbs from yesterday. I have no clue whats going on. I am also very frustrated.. 

Age:31| Height 5', 5"| VSG on 10/26/15 | Starting Weight: 277 | Current Weight: 153| WL so far: 124 lb | Goal Weight: 155

SweetT1
on 11/9/15 7:14 pm

I think we are in the same boat. I had Sleeve on 10/29.  I was doing great but the last 3 days I haven't lost anything. I'm wondering what I am doing wrong. I am getting my protein and water in. I haven't had any issues at with drinking AT ALL, no problems with the "full feeling". I can eat a whole Greek yogurt without any issues. I started wondering if I actually had the surgery or not.  LOL.  I am on full liquids for another couple of days. My doc said I could have oatmeal, and soups with soft noodles on full liquids and I have been having both of those and I am wondering if that is what is doing it.  I'm just not sure what is going on. I have lost 9# in the 12 days and I know that is good, but I was doing so well, losing about 2 lbs everyday and can't loose anything in the past 3 days. If you want to email me personally to share stories, left me know and I will send you a message with my email. Sometimes I don't know who to ask. Thx for listening. 

msecanales
on 11/9/15 7:19 pm

Well, for lunch today, I ate 1 cup of turkey chili- soft food diet.. I felt no restriction! Had I not measured the cup out, I would have probably eaten more! I wonder how big my sleeve is!!!!

Age:31| Height 5', 5"| VSG on 10/26/15 | Starting Weight: 277 | Current Weight: 153| WL so far: 124 lb | Goal Weight: 155

SweetT1
on 11/9/15 7:28 pm

I know that is what I feel about the oatmeal or yogurt I have had.  Also, I can eat over 1/2 of a can of soup with no problems.  My MD told me he uses a 40 Bungi pattern for the sleeve, I think.  He said some doctors uses 34, 36, 38 but he said he has had issues with too much restrictions on those and he normally uses that one.  I guess it can go up to 44 maybe.  I don't know.  All I know is that I have had a twinge of cramping after I ate a bowl of soup but it was fast and left.  I also caught myself drinking while eating too with NO effects.  Do you know if they tell us not to do that for a reason or will we have issues if we do?  I certainly didn't.  I know these are trivial questions that I don't want to bug the office about but why am I not losing wt???

msecanales
on 11/9/15 7:39 pm

Well, I have my 2 week post op appointment on Wednesday, I plan on bringing this up.. Lets see what he says.

I believe the no liquids while eating has to do with not "washing" your food down. It makes it harder for your stomach to digest the food. This way, your body can absorb the protein.. This is what I am thinking.

SweetT1
on 11/9/15 7:46 pm

Yes, please let me know what he says.  Ask him what Bungee (I think that is what it is called) size he used on you as well.  Maybe you have same size as me and it is supposed to be this way.  I don't know. I am thankful I am not been having bad issues though...LOL   Like you, I just haven't had all the restriction feeling everyone else seems to have!  Will you let me know?  Thanks

Ok, I understand, that makes sense.  I do have to say I think I may have felt "hungry" maybe a couple of times and I ate.  I don't think I am overeating by any means, but again, I am not losing.

Most Active
Recent Topics