9 days post-op and frustrated

GoBlueGirl1998
on 11/4/15 9:39 am - MI

Trust the process and follow your post op instructions. The weight will come off!! You will see!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

cmcelfish
on 11/4/15 3:52 pm

How long ago was surgery?

jdsiowa
on 11/5/15 7:47 pm

I'm 10 days out today.

cmcelfish
on 11/10/15 6:38 pm

How are you feeling still hurting Can you seecweight loss already?. I am just starting my journey I can't Waite for the day maybe in Feb or March. Keep up the flood sor.   Joe

SweetT1
on 11/4/15 10:01 am

Don't be discouraged...I gained 7 lbs right after surgery as they pumped me 3 liters of IV fluid. I knew I would be heavier and expected it. The more I peed, the more came off. Then going to Full Liquids from Clear Liquids, then I was able to have the BM's. It will come off, just have faith and keep up with the MD recommendations.

Spencerella
on 11/4/15 10:08 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

At that point, I think I still weighed more than when I did when I went in for surgery. Please don't be discouraged. You will see the scale start moving again and keep moving if you keep things tight. Think about the longer game.

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/15 10:44 am

Keep remembering you are in this for the long haul. I tell myself that every time the scale gets stuck for a while. Helps a bit with the frustration. Everyone's body is different in how and when it loses the weight it so covets and wants to keep !

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/15 11:03 am

You're doing great!

I GAINED 12 or 13 pounds in the hospital! At 9 days out I think I had just gotten rid of the weight I had gained. By the end of the first month though, I had lost a significant amount.

Give yourself time. Maybe weighing each day is going to be a crazy maker for you. Think about whether weighing each day is going to work for you. It does for some and doesn't for others.

paflyersgal
on 11/4/15 1:35 pm
VSG on 10/06/15

I made a point not to get on the scale until I went in for my 2 weeks post-op visit at the doctors office. I let them weigh me. I ended up losing 28lbs. After that appointment I became obsessed with the scale and got on it EVERY DAY!!! Week 3 my scale jumped up 4 lbs.. I freaked out!! Then I came on this website and read some old posts and saw what other people said and did. It made me realize that all I was doing was driving myself insane! So I made a promise to myself that I would only get on the scale ONCE a week, every Monday. I think you are doing great!! Don't let the scale rule your life! be strong you can do it!! Congrats on your loss!!

Karen

cmcelfish
on 11/4/15 3:50 pm

Maybe your holding fluids?

Most Active
Recent Topics