Learning...

Wyldblu
on 11/3/15 1:48 pm, edited 11/3/15 2:04 pm

Still on my 2 week post op liquid diet. I have learned:

1) Hot soup and tea go down much easier than anything cold.

2) Room temperature water can only be sipped with the smallest sips possible or else you feel it...it's not a nice feeling.

2) Even with such a restricted diet, my eyes are still too big for my stomach and a few spoonfuls of soup make me feel like I just ate a 5 course dinner...and ate too much.

3) Chocolate and sugar in general, no longer have any power over me.

4) Watching my husband eat pizza, makes him feel terribly guilty, but doesn't really effect me like it once did.

5) Coughing HURTS and should be avoided if possible.

6) I am VERY lazy when it comes to walking. I am clean out of breath before I even get to the gate off the property, so the mile a day my doctor wants me to do, is still somewhere down the road....

7) Trying to get in at least 64 oz of water and 70 g of protein a day, seems impossible right now....

8) The idea of clothes shopping in a few months, no longer makes me cringe or depresses me.

9) Sleeping on my back...SUCKS

10), OH is a great place to come for support from people who know your journey...

Wyldblu

Ready2goNOW
on 11/3/15 2:28 pm

WOW could I relate to alot of what you said!

At 3 weeks out tomorrow I have not had pain or trouble eating or drinking, but my eyes are still bigger than my stomach, too!

I FEEL like I could eat alot more than a couple ounces of anything, but a few bites in and I'm done!

Watching my family eat makes me somewhat envious, but really doesn't bother me.

And I am still very low on energy... I consider it a good day when I walk the dog for 5 minutes...down from my usual 30.

The water and protein are a balancing act - sometimes I can get all of one in but not the other.

And last...can't wait to start clothes shopping...o yeah!

Kathy

Tracy D.
on 11/4/15 8:49 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Glad to hear you're doing so well

Remember this one for the future: #3 and #4 absolutely positively WILL come back. Not right away and maybe not until maintenance...but surgery isn't magic and will never remove these 100% from your life.

Enjoy the ride!

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics