Pre-op Progress.. Needing some encouragement.

Amy_Rod618
on 11/3/15 6:28 pm
VSG on 02/08/16

Thank you all so much :) You all have such great advice. A lot of the lifestyle changes are similar to what is had to adopt with the band and most of them have stuck around since the band (as I'd from small portion sizes :/) But I am making sure to be vigilant about things like no drink before, while, after eating. Small plate at meals, cut small pieces, eating slow (which I have to do anyway because of the scar tissue romantic the band erosion) but I will definitely take all you advice and bring it to the next level!

I also met a phlebotomy tech at my hospital tonight (I'm a nurse and I work nights in labor and delivery). She had gastric bypass and we got talking about all of it, it did make me feel much better. And she told me I could come talk to her anytime about any of it :) Also I'm thinking I'll look into finding a support group so I don't have to rely on my husband to understand. And now I'm looking forward to my next psych appointment so I can spill my guts go her lol.

Thanks again to you all, your advice and support is amazing :)

mictariam7
on 11/3/15 7:21 pm

I'm glad your hanging in there. I'm at about the same point and getting tired of waiting too. I'm anxious to get this over with as well and finding it hard to stay on track while I am just waiting for paperwork to come in so I can keep moving forward. Hopefully it will be here before we know it and we will both be looking back at how fast it came. :)

Keep your chin up and don't give up.

Most Active
Recent Topics