Feeling Hungry

Minkey
on 11/3/15 9:05 pm

I was told by my dietician that I must be the person who needs to eat more often. I can only eat about 1/2 cup of food before I feel full, then I'm starved in an hour or so. Looks like it might be an acid condition per the other writers. That sounds like a better idea than eating all the time. I'll have to have my doc get me something. Thanks for the hint!!

White Dove
on 11/4/15 5:23 am - Warren, OH

Eating simple carbs will make me hungry very quickly. I eat six meals a day of about 200 calories each. No bread, potatoes, cereal, rice, flour, pasta, noodles, or sweets.

I am never hungry.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

MelissaKay_69
on 11/4/15 5:33 am

Do you eat the complex carbs like fruit and dairy?

White Dove
on 11/4/15 6:55 am - Warren, OH

I had surgery in 2007 and used skim milk in protein shakes. I did not include any other dairy, but there was no Greek yogurt available then. The only fruit I ate during the losing phase was frozen strawberries in my protein shakes.

I rarely consume fruit or dairy now. I stick with protein forward and low carb.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

FuturePinUp
on 11/4/15 8:00 am

I feel like I have had hunger pretty much throughout my whole post-op life, and never had it really dissipate. I am on Protonix, get a ton of water daily, and stick strictly to plan (under 40 grams of carbs a day, protein first, etc.). I have heard that it should have gone away but it never really did. I'm sure some of it is head hunger, but my tummy DOES rumble when I haven't eaten in a while, and I do feel physically hungry. I have tried different dosages and kinds of acid reducers yet none has removed that feeling.

I'm feel okay with this though. I really live by that whole "hunger is not an emergency" phrase often mentioned here, and my portions are satisfying to me.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

MelissaKay_69
on 11/4/15 3:05 pm

Called my doctor to see about switching to a different PPI. He wanted me to stay on the omeprazole but added Carafate. Hopefully this helps. Thanks everybody!

Most Active
Recent Topics