I need to vent!

lbmoore0
on 11/3/15 4:57 am

Love it! Thank you!

C J
on 11/2/15 2:03 pm - , TN

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Keep on keeping on!!!!!!

CJ

Living > Existing

256/231/135

lbmoore0
on 11/3/15 4:58 am

Thank you!

suzyq584
on 11/2/15 2:04 pm

LOVED THE VENT!!!

Just think about this...you ARE losing the weight, they will ALWAYS be the ugly, rude, imbecile they are now!!

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

lbmoore0
on 11/3/15 4:59 am

I thought about saying, "Well, I'm fat but I can lose weight - what's your excuse for being an idiot?" LOL

Thank you for the encouragement!

Minkey
on 11/2/15 2:09 pm

I'm 12 weeks out and had a stall the week before last. Very frustrating, but it's your body adjusting to the new calorie intake, lack of sugar, etc. Last week I lost 4 pounds, so it will keep coming off. I found that when I ate out more, I didn't lose (DUH!!), so go back to what you know works. I like bragging about how much I've lost (63 total) because they are always impressed and I know they are rooting for me. For those you don't know well and are just nosey, tell them it doesn't matter since you feel better and the health is what you're striving for. Good luck!!

lbmoore0
on 11/3/15 4:59 am

Excellent advice! You are doing GREAT!! Thanks and keep up the good work!

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/15 6:26 pm

The other day I ran into an old co-worker/friend I see only every so often. He bluntly said, "Wow, you look good. What? You must have lost like 150 pounds!" then proceeded to chuckle. I looked back blankly and said, "No, only 108 and I've regained some." LOL! Then he got all serious trying to compliment my hard work, etc... blah, blah, blah....

What I've figured out is a lot of people just don't know how to compliment someone for losing weight without putting them down for once being obese. I've learned to let it go. You just can't change stupid!

lbmoore0
on 11/3/15 5:01 am

I agree! Sadly, some of my WORST critics are folks who have had the same surgery. I haven't lost as quickly as them (but I didn't have as much to lose in the beginning) but they are extremely critical. Thanks for the input!

SilverGirl2015
on 11/2/15 6:37 pm

Vent away! How frustrating. I finally broke down and told a friend - at least I thought she was a friend...about my surgery - i was about 10 weeks out, down about 30 pounds, and she actually said to me "when does it start working"? All I could do not to cry. People can be so thoughtless and insensitive. How hard is it to say, good for you! How are you feeling?

Most Active
Recent Topics