Back from Vacation......and.........

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/15 3:25 pm
VSG on 08/15/15 with

down 2 lbs!!!!

i seriously figured I gained about 5! I'm only 2.5 months post op now, and we went on an awesome cruise to the Caribbean. I was nervous about eating, since we were going with my hubby's sister and bro in law, and they don't know about my surgery.

Was I on plan the whole time, nope, but I did make some great decisions and was a lot more picky about what went in my mouth. I thoroughly enjoyed the main dining experience because the courses are spaced out, and I could have a nice bro thy soup to start, a couple bites of a salad, and a few bites of my meat on my entree. Bonus, if my entree was super good, I'd just have them send it to my room and I could pick on it more later!

Definitely still not getting enough water in though, and could feel it a couple days of long walking and being in the sun. But now for a few NSVs:

1: feeling less self conscience in my bathing suit, and actually showing my thighs (always wore one of those tankini things with the skirt before)

2: a lot of compliments and feeling damn sexy in my formal dress! And sporting my size 10 jeans comfortably!

3: first successful snorkeling trip, swam with the sea turtles for over an hour, and never got exhausted.

And on my hubby's side, I was so proud to see him on a horse for the first time. Riding is such a big part of my life, and we rode together for the first time in the rainforest in Puerto Rico. He did so awesome. And agreed I can give him some more horseback riding lessons when we get horses again.

If I hadn't had my VSG, I easily would've gained 7 lbs while away. I would have been consumed with what was on the menu and when we were gonna snack again. I love my sleeve and it's the perfect tool for me. I feel so blessed to be 2.5 months out, down 44 lbs, and officially 1.8 lbs away from my lowest adult weight.

Cant wait for the next phase of my journey.... 150's!!!!

LS2dv8
on 11/1/15 4:18 pm

Congrats! That is awesome!

Proud of you!

LS2DV8

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/15 4:54 pm
VSG on 08/15/15 with

Thank you!! ?

Chanti_
on 11/1/15 10:47 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

Sounds like a week of NSV's for you! Congrats!

I'm going away in March or April next year on a beach vacation. I wonder where I will be at that point and how brave I will be in my swimsuit choice, I too have been a swim skirt wearer.

A size 10. I can't even contemplate it. At my smallest I was a 14. You're an inspiration!

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/15 3:24 pm
VSG on 08/15/15 with

Can't wait to see where you're at by next March or April! I'm sure you'll be feeling skinny, fit and fabulous!!!!!!

I know what you mean by contemplating the smaller sizes. I have never been at my ideal weight or a healthy weight for my 5' height, so I can't even imagine what that looks like. I have never been smaller than where I'm at right now, so everything beyond this point both excites and kinda terrifies me at the same time... I don't know me as a skinny or healthy person. But I'm looking forward to what lies ahead!

Hope you have an amazing beach vacation and rock your new figure up and down the beach!!!!

Tracy D.
on 11/2/15 12:08 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Loved reading about all the NSVs on your vacation and your successful loss while away from home.

Nice job!

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Curves-r-us
on 11/2/15 5:42 pm

Hi there!

i also just got back from a 10day cruise (also stopped in Puerto Rico which I loved, btw!). I lost 1 pound! I most definitely ate more than usual, but like you, i tried to make wise choices and eat protein first. And i took advantage of the track - did lots of walking (not into jogging/running). I am 14months out from surgery and have been at goal for about 3 months.

Congrats on your hard work and determination. keeo up the great work!

(Which cruise ship were you on?!)

Elsie

Carpe diem 

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/15 6:09 pm
VSG on 08/15/15 with

Awesome!!!

it was my first time trying carnival. I've done royal Caribbean 10 times and Norwegian once. I definitely prefer royal. who did you sail with?

I kept promising myself I would go jog the track, but never did. We did take the stairs everywhere! I think the only time we used the elevator was the first and last day because of the luggage getting on/off.

Congrats on being at goal!!!! And for losing while on vacation!

Curves-r-us
on 11/3/15 2:53 am

I sailed with RC (libert of the seas). It was my first time with them. We very much enjoyed our experience with them. Mind you, this was only our second cruise, the first being 7 years ago with MSC.

I didn't hear great things abou Norwegian, eapecially the food, and although Carnival is very popular, i get the impression it's more of a 'party' line and that's not something we're looking for. My kids (14 and 5) had a great time witht the activities on RC. I found it to be balanced and not a constant bombardment of loud music and pool side drinkers. Lol.

And now back to reality and cooking my own meals.., :(

Elsie

Carpe diem 

Ethel S.
on 11/3/15 6:01 pm

Great! I am on a cruise now. I hope I do as well as you...

Most Active
Recent Topics