I AM SLEEVED.........YAY

steelergal
on 11/1/15 2:48 am

I am home after 3 day stay in hospital i did great the first night then they pulled my iv out and i got sick from my liquids so another stay and iv put back in but now im home and great,,,,,,,,,,,,,am having trouble with the fluids but have found out that WHITE GRAPE JUICE IS GOOD FOR ME I DRINK IT ALL DAY LONG SIP,,,,SIP,,SIP,,,now today im starting my protein shakes...........

Chanti_
on 11/1/15 3:20 am - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

Congrats! Ahh yes, white grape juice, I lived on it for a few days it was the only calories I could get into me that first week @ home on clear liquids. Good luck! Recovery gets easier each day.

LS2dv8
on 11/1/15 4:13 am

Congrats! Sorry you had to stay longer in the hospital, but glad you are home

I have found each day is easier what I could or could not tolerate. Apple juice has been my tried and true so far :)

Take care and congrats to being on the other side

LS2DV8

cappy11448
on 11/1/15 5:05 am

I'm so glad to hear you are home and doing well. Welcome to the loser's bench!

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Grim_Traveller
on 11/1/15 5:26 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Be careful of any kind of juice. There's a ton of sugar. Grape, apple, orange, etc, you might as well just be drinking a regular coke or pepsi. You don't need the dalories, and there is no other nutrition to speak of in juice.

Try adding flavoring like sugar free drystal lite or the drops to your water. Try hot or cold liquids. But avoid sugar.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

steelergal
on 11/2/15 3:18 am

I should have stated that ITS LIGHT GRAPE JUICE 5 GRAMS OF SUGER IN THE WHOLE BOTTLE SORRY MY BAD,,,,,,,,,,,now i got my protein i finally like i cant stand THE FIRST PROIEIN SHAKES I BOUGHT.

rocky513
on 11/1/15 7:25 am - WI

I agree with Grim. The point of the surgery is to NOT get calories in! Drinking your calories is NEVER a good idea. If you are getting your protein requirement in and taking your vitamins, you will be nutritionally sound. You have to completely re-think everything you know about how to feed your body. You have enough reserve fuel, in the form of fat, to burn. You don't need calories. Adding calories that you don't need will slow or stop your weight loss.

Sugar free water enhancers like MIO, Kool-Aid, Crush, and Crystal Light are the way to go if you are looking to flavor your liquids. Step away from the juice. It is not a healthy choice post surgery.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Ready2goNOW
on 11/1/15 9:07 am

Congatulations on your surgery! I agree everyday gets easier as I am almost 3 weeks post op. Seems like time is flying!

I would also suggest you rethink the juice or any drinks with high calories, carbs & sugar. They are a trigger for most of us.

Plus, I like to budget my calories much like my finances. I don't want to 'spend' 150-200 on drinks when I could use those same calories for a high protein snack or slightly more at lunch or dinner.

Good luck on your journey!

Kathy

Chanti_
on 11/1/15 11:10 am - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

I know some people have a problem with juice after surgery but my surgeon gave me a very specific diet to follow post op. Juice, regular jello, popcicles were all allowed in the first week of clears and the first week only. He said that in his experience in the past he did suggest that his patients use sugar free options ie Crystal Light etc but he found his patients often became lightheaded and dizzy with exertion of any kind and he attributed it to low caloric intake. You should follow whatever diet plan was prescribed to you.

Grim gives good advice, juice is full of sugar and empty calories, so using it as a staple to get your fluids in is not a good idea in the long term. The protein shakes should really now be the bulk of your calories and now that your allowed to have them the juice should be phased out.

As for me, that first few days, I enjoyed my juice watered down as I found it way too sweet and now I don't miss it one bit. I hope this clarifies things a bit. I think people think I'm advocating juice as a good dietary choice. I am not, outside week one .

Tracy D.
on 11/2/15 12:14 pm, edited 11/2/15 4:15 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Try to drink more water and less juice. Don't know your diabetes status but as a Type II who went home off all medication, any kind of juice would have sent my blood sugar through the roof. Spikes in blood sugar signal your liver to store all calories as fat, regardless of how few calories you're getting.

The carbs in the juice can eventually lead to heightened cravings for carbs. You might not be real sensitive to it right now, but time will change that.

Glad you're feeling so good - welcome to the loser's bench!

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics