Trying to decide which surgery is best for me... RNY or Sleeve. Please help

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/2/15 5:56 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I chose the sleeve & am very happy with my choice. While its true that rny'rs will lose quickly at first the malabsorption of calories only lasts maybe a little more than a year & both surgeries even out I think at the 2 or 5 year mark.

I had a feeling that for myself I would be riding on the surgery more to lose the weight than making all the changes I needed to make early out, for me, reality would've came in once the malabsorption of calories stopped & I didn't want that. I didn't want to try to figure stuff out at 2 years & maybe at goal, I wanted to start early out & absorbing everything that I ate forced me to figure things out early on. I also didn't want to risk dumping, yeah only a small amount of people dump, but I didn't want to take that chance. I didn't want sweets to be a punishment & use dumping as a way to keep myself in line.

I think both procedures are good, good luck in whatever you choose to do.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

akapope5
on 11/6/15 12:22 pm - GA

Men tend to lose weight a lot easier and you don't have a lot to lose. Personally I think only a small frame man really needs to be under 200 pounds. The sleeve should easily get you there. Especially if you are currently a large volume eater

Most Active
Recent Topics