Lessons Learned...One Year Surgiversary!

Daelcare
on 10/27/15 4:20 am - Easley, SC
VSG on 10/27/14

It has been an amazing year and there have been many lessons learned...I just wish I could remember them all! On this, my one year surgiversary, I am down 92 pounds...PTL! That happens to be 22 pounds below my original goal...so if this is where life has me, I'm very excited! So I made a list of some thoughts that I hope will help along this journey to new and old alike.

• Do exactly what the doctor says!
  • Alway**** 60 gm protein; 64 oz water...everyday...no exceptions.
  • Make peace with the scale....whether you choose to weigh everyday or every week...it does not control you!
  • Take measurements! You will be amazed....especially in the stalls.
  • Stalls happen...a lot!
  • Make better choices...not always the best choice, but a better choice than you would have before surgery.
  • Listen to you body...don't take "just one more" bite.
  • Try everything...forget what doesn't work and go with the things that do.
  • Log everything...everyday.
  • Calorie goals are not meant as starting points...they are meant to be kept under.
  • Certain daily objectives are not optional....ever.
  • You will be able to everything again....you just won't want to! And if you do, you won't want as much of it. Rejoice in that!
  • Don't let anyone tell you you're only going to lose "so much"...you can lose as much as you want to...it's in your hands now.
  • Don't buy a lot of new clothes...unless you can take them back!
  • Buy new things (or new to you) that fit.
  • You will not blow away....won't happen!
  • Get used to the compliments, but don't let them go to your head...you were just as smart, pretty and desirable when you weighed more (at least if that person was worth anything)...you just like yourself better now!
  • It's OK to have a day off track...but get back on as soon as you can.
  • Stay on this forum...not Facebook! The advise here is solid and I am forever grateful to all who have contributed here.

5'5" 64 year old; HW 219; SW 199; CW 129; GW 145ish (original)...now on to "ideal" (138)...got that...now a few spare (132)...got that one, too! Now for the 120's!! Made them...now for the "dream" weight...125! Well, that one's proving to be a little tougher!

Sunshine411
on 10/27/15 8:55 am

Wow,wow,wow! What an awesome year you have had! I'm just seven weeks out...so today starts week 8 amp d all foods are a go...not sure how to reintroduce but I do know protein first n little room left...for new stuff so that's good...if room at all. I get a little tired of same meats so looking for ideas? Did you exercise a lot? Type? Hours? Days? I too, try to get 60 proteins a day....did you stop there or go higher if you could? I admit 64 oz water is the hardest part for me...did you count your protein shakes? Ty...n congrats on a great job...I hope I'm as successful as you! ?

Daelcare
on 10/27/15 4:27 pm - Easley, SC
VSG on 10/27/14

Thanks! Sorry I can't help much with the meat ideas...I'm pretty much a one trick pony! I did exercise..in the begining 3-5 days a week. My routine was, and still is, 30 minutes on a recumbent bike; 7 strength training machines and then I finish with a 10 minute/half mile walk around the track 60 gms of protein is the minimum...I do try to get closer to 100 each day. I did not count my protein shakes! I did add protein to my water in the very beginning when I couldn't eat much to make sure I hit at least 60. I don't do that anymore because I never have trouble getting in my protein. I am very diligent about logging everything, so I make choices based on what I need, You can do this...best of luck!

5'5" 64 year old; HW 219; SW 199; CW 129; GW 145ish (original)...now on to "ideal" (138)...got that...now a few spare (132)...got that one, too! Now for the 120's!! Made them...now for the "dream" weight...125! Well, that one's proving to be a little tougher!

Tracy D.
on 10/27/15 9:30 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You are AWESOME!

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Daelcare
on 10/27/15 4:27 pm - Easley, SC
VSG on 10/27/14

Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics