When did you start to eat raw veggies?

r_mancuso12
on 10/26/15 6:09 pm

Im about 9 months out--- tomatoes still bother me, as do broccoli, asparagus and my favorite Brussels sprouts :( I do pretty good on fruits, but i cannot eat much or i do get the foamies UGH. It is trial and error like everyone says...try a LITTLE bit at a time, don't over do it! Goodluck! :)

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/15 6:43 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

My husband (VSG) and I (RNY) were both cleared to add veggies back in at 6 weeks post-op. Neither of us had any issues.

Chanti_
on 10/27/15 12:11 am - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

A few people have mentioned 'the foamies'. What is that?

psychoticparrot
on 10/27/15 4:47 am

The "foamies" occur from eating too much, too fast, or eating foods you're not ready for. If you've overdone it while your sleeve is healing, the first sign of impending hurling is the production of excess saliva -- the foamies. The foamies are not that unpleasant by themselves -- it's the sleeve deciding whether or not to hurl that causes the misery. Sometimes you can wait out the foamies, and your sleeve settles back down. Other times, there's nothing for it but to head to the bathroom and hurl. Either way, foamies are a warning that you ate something your sleeve was not ready for.

psychoticparrot

Chanti_
on 10/28/15 3:47 am - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

Okay, good to know I'll have some kind of early warning system, I hate vomiting. I tried spaghetti squash today and avocado.. less then 1/4 c each but all seems to be going well thank goodness. I missed vegetables so much!

Most Active
Recent Topics