And... the count down BEGINS!

msecanales
on 10/23/15 6:31 pm

I am scheduled for surgery on Monday 10/26/15. 3 days away!!!!!

The hospital called me and instructed me nothing to eat after midnight the morning of 10/26/15.. Well, I was told to arrive at the hospital at 1:00pm! Which means, my surgery more than likely won't be until about 3-4pm.. How in the world am I going to go that long with out drinking water???

Im excited but scared!

Tink3125
on 10/23/15 6:43 pm
VSG on 12/01/15

They should allow you to suck on ice chips. Congrats! You got this!

Tink

msecanales
on 10/23/15 6:44 pm

Thats what I thought but I phoned the surgeons office today before their office closed and they said no.. NOTHING

Chanti_
on 10/23/15 9:58 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

They also tell the first patient of the day to have nothing after midnight and their surgery probably happens around 8am, so you being scheduled later in the day sucks as you end up going without liquids longer.

I was too keyed up about the surgery on the day to even be thirsty honestly. That being said unless you are diabetic there really is no health concerns with going without for that long.

Once you have your IV life will be better. Get used to having nothing to drink, I don't know what your surgeon prefers but I was given nothing by mouth until post op day 2, and honestly I didn't even want to see an ice chip @ that point. I think it took me 4 hours to get through the juice box they gave me the following day.

Fun times, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm one month post op now and I don't regret anything. I was scared too, that's normal, and my excitement is ongoing. Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics