saggy -stretched skin

SilverGirl2015
on 10/24/15 2:27 pm

Congrats on your weight loss! It sounds like your husband is a bit envious of your weight loss success. Maybe encourage him to work out with you, if he doesn't already. Maybe sharing an activity that will boost his own self esteem would help?

Laura in Texas
on 10/24/15 2:50 pm
On October 23, 2015 at 4:45 AM Pacific Time, waterflowers2009 wrote:

Delete Edit

So I finally got through the rain so to speak , got down to a size 4, exercise like mad- now working on strength training in attempts to tighten up my loose saggy tummy and arms if that can ever happen.

Come to find out my spouse who is overweight tells me my stomach looks likea burn victim and all the sags, marks etc are just too much.

He goes on to point out my arms , and veins in my hands are poping out and seems to be highly critical of me.

my plan was to get the tummy tuck providing I can manage to cover the cost - but then I thought why? When I was really heavy he said, if you just lose the weight.......blah, blah, blah....so I have, now it is this.

I really don't know what to think- in clothes I look good without my tummy has some extra fat that I am trying to work On.

not sure what to think. maybe I am being too sensitive here? I was ready to thow in the towel because I told him I need someone to love me as I am- and I don't need a shallow hal. Especially when he is over weight but yet I would not tell him he is unattractive.

Playing with the self esteem side of things with your spouse is cruel I think.

Cruel and abusive. I doubt this is the first time he has ever said mean things to you. An asshole is usually always an asshole (as the saying goes, a tiger cannot change his stripes).

Seek counseling for yourself to figure out why you let yourself be treated this way.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Valerie G.
on 10/26/15 8:02 am, edited 10/26/15 1:02 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

IMO - your spouse is bringing you down in order to bring himself up. If you got plastics, he'd be complaining about the scars, the color of your hair, etc. You will likely NEVER be good enough for him. The good news is that you're probably the object of perfection to someone more worthy. Keep that in the back of your mind.

In contrast, I've been married 25 years and hubs knew me overweight, obese, and now thin. Today my skin is saggy, but he loves me just the same and has never, EVER criticized my appearance. That's what respect and real love does for one another.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics