3days post op

Robin B.
on 10/22/15 5:21 pm

Well I made it through surgery and am day 3. Things are going just fine, went on two walks outside today:) full liquids are going fine and getting in water. Had a protein shake today. My question is how long did it take you to get to 60 gm protein per day? Really not hungry and energy ok. I assume it will take a few more days to work in two shakes

To P.
on 10/22/15 8:52 pm

Hi Robin

Its going to take a lot longer than that. Go slow! YOU are extremely swollen.. YOU do not want to hurry this up. It is very very very important to be very careful these 8 weeks! . Go to Safeway and in the milk box there is Safeway Lucerne 2% protein milk in single serve bottles, with 21 grams of protein in Regular, Strawberry, Chocolate and Vanilla they are less in calories (i think 80 a bottle.) than Whey protein has and taste way better. They are very easy to get down an stay down and no nasty after taste. 3 of those a day and you will hit you goal of 64 grams a day. I think they are $1.25 each. Well worth the money! You'll thank me later for letting you know about them trust me!

And trust me it is going to take you all day to drink three for the first few week. Right now you are on pain killers and still have morphine in your system. In a few days you will wonder why you can not drink as much as you could when you first got home. That is the reason why. It will take a while for the anastasia and morphine to wear off. So go SLOW. Only a sip or two at a time.!!!!! I'm only 5 months out and have lost 100 pounds and swear by them.... I use them to supplement my diet and they work fine.

Tom

Robin B.
on 10/23/15 9:12 am

Thanks, I will look for this product. We do not have safeways here but will look. I am going to try and be positive, just want to do it right! I know protein is important for healing.

Most Active
Recent Topics