Day 6 post op and weak

jdsiowa
on 11/1/15 3:47 pm

Today is my 6th day post op and the worst day I've had. Very weak. Have gotten my liquid and protein in, but felling like I could have stayed in bed all day. Anyone else feel this way?

LS2dv8
on 11/1/15 4:14 pm

Hi so sorry to hear you are feeling fatigued.

I am 4 days out and I have moments where I have energy and then when I need to take a nap. But it isn't persistent

Are you getting the low end of energy or the high? Just curious

I hope you get to feeling better

LS2DV8

LisaKelley
on 11/1/15 5:19 pm

I was the same way. Try to walk around. Drink your protein. Try some yogurt, if you can have it.

It does pass.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGoSSrA/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wGoSSrA/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Ready2goNOW
on 11/1/15 5:23 pm

Hi!

I am almost 3 weeks out and I am still kind of low energy. The first week was the worst as it was my third week of liquids.

I felt like I turned a corner when the second week rolled around and I was able to have cream of wheat, oatmeal and soups. I began to feel stronger...less weak.

However I am still tired,take naps, and don't have alot of energy. But I think the surgery combined with the low calorie diet is a big factor.

And now I am struggling to stay up bc it got dark at 5pm due to daylight savings time. Ugh!

Kathy

psychoticparrot
on 11/1/15 6:12 pm

jdsiowa wrote: "Anyone else feel this way?"

I felt that way from day 1 post-op to week 6 post-op. You had major surgery. It would be very surprising if you didn't feel that way. Listen to your body. Without slacking off on your liquids, protein, and frequent short walks, rest as much as you can. Recovery can be rough. Be kind to yourself and rest as much as possible.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Chanti_
on 11/1/15 10:33 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

This is pretty universal for the first few weeks I think.. I pretty much laid around for two weeks post op. Went for small walks and such but got very tired. I had zero endurance at that time. I imagine you're on clears or full liquids at this point in pretty small amounts. Let your fatigue guide you. If your body is telling you to rest then you should.

It will get better, especially when you are able to step up your diet and daily calories to 600-800. Until I did that I really felt I had no fuel to even do average daily activities. Now at almost 6 weeks out I feel great and you will too. Just give it time.

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/15 7:00 am

Sometimes rest is a good thing. If you have the schedule that will allow for it. Question, are you taking your vitamins? I know vitamins play a huge role in my energy levels.

Most Active
Recent Topics