Clear liquids today...tomorrow surgery...questions about today....

Wyldblu
on 10/28/15 10:11 am

I have surgery tomorrow morning...so today is clear liquids...I have water, of course, jello, broth and tea...soooo...what's for breakfast????

What did you do?

Wyldblu

mmsmom
on 10/28/15 10:16 am - Woburn, MA

do you mean the day of surgery or today? I'm pretty sure you can't eat or drink before surgery - but today tea sounds good!

VSG on 04/28/2014

Wyldblu
on 10/28/15 10:24 am

Today...can't have anything after midnight tonight..but what to eat today...soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner??? Blech..I may never eat clear soup again, after all this is done...

Angelinegetsrny
on 10/28/15 10:47 am

I wasn't allowed to eat after 6 p.m. on the evening before my surgery, and I couldn't drink after midnight. This made it pretty easy to not have to worry about breakfast :P

Wyldblu
on 10/28/15 11:01 am

Eat???? What's that. I haven't been allowed to "Eat" for 2 weeks now...but have been able to have full liquids...until yesterday at noon...then straight on to clear liquids until midnight. I guess soup it is...sigh.

dulce1203
on 10/28/15 11:44 am

My surgery is tomorrow also. I've been on a clear liquid diet for 7 days. Its awful. I've snuck some crackers here and there. For breakfast, I ate the "eggs' that my doctors office gave me but honestly soup would be better!

alouisa63
on 10/28/15 1:21 pm - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

Soup sounds good! At some point the labels of "breakfast food", "lunch food", and "dinner foods" fall away and you start looking for things that give the most protein. I'll eat chicken for breakfast because it has more protein than an egg. Pork loin too. Right now, for me, food is just fuel. Good luck tomorrow and remember how good that soup tasted today :)

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

Most Active
Recent Topics