One Month Post Op - question

Jennifer G.
on 10/26/15 3:07 am

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since surgery. Doing great - still struggling to get in enough fluids, but other than a little bit of a lack in energy and some major constipation I feel great.

my question is - how much weight did you lose by the 4 week mark? I have about 120 lbs to lose, but I've only lost 10 lbs since surgery. I am disappointed because I thought it would be about twice that. I think part of it could be because I'm so constipated, but not sure. Is 10 lbs a month post-op normal?

thanks!

S. Stroud
on 10/26/15 5:31 am

Good Morning, I had surgeryon the 29th of October also, and have only lost 15 lbs. My Dr. says people lose at different rates, and don't go solely off of weight also do your measurements. As long as your going down you're ok. Keep it up.

GoBlueGirl1998
on 10/26/15 9:52 am - MI

I know this is easier said than done, but try not to compare yourself to anyone. My success was better than some and not as great as others!! You have lost 10 lbs! That is fantastic! I would worry about getting all your fluids in and work on finding a solution for the constipation!! Good luck to you!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

diane S.
on 10/26/15 11:44 am

you are doing fine. take some milk of magnesia if you need to and push the fluids. seems counter intuitive but more fluid will help you lose faster. ditto protein. diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Duetoprivacy
on 10/26/15 12:17 pm

Ten pounds is the same as two bags of sugar! Congratulations! It will keep coming off and soon it will be the same as two gallons of milk. I like picturing how much has gone.

Most Active
Recent Topics