Pre-VSG Questions

Duetoprivacy
on 10/24/15 8:16 am

I don't regret it at all, but I did have more pain than I expected.

My incisions are all healed up, and it looks like the scars will be minimal. My prescribed post op eating plan was far more relaxed than many others I've been reading about in here (full liquids from day 2 and then progressed to puréed foods as soon as I could get my 64-72oz of liquids in without trouble, and then soft foods a week after that). I worked really hard with a therapist to prepare myself emotionally for the lifestyle changes that come along with the decision to have WLS and I think that these tools are the most important to long term wellness.

Im lucky in that I started this at a very healthy place (aside from a BMI of 40). Low blood pressure, low cholesterol, no diabetes or blood sugar issues, no alcohol dependency, good muscle tone and good endurance. I am just naturally pretty hardy. Thanks, Viking ancestors.

I'm tired for sure, but haven't had any adverse reactions to any foods and the he.ad hunger has been manageable. Last night, I had chicken breast with avocado for dinner and I had a soft boiled egg and half a piece of low fat bacon for breakfast this morning.

I am down 40 pounds since starting this process and have lost 15 of those post-surgery.

I am starting to hate protein drinks, though. Even the ones I used to really like. That is a bummer.

Good luck! I hope your future is filled with best-case scenarios.

Donna L.
on 10/22/15 8:51 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I had five incisions. Where they removed the stomach is the longest - 3".

I was only prescribed a pain medication and PPO after surgery. Before surgery I switched some of my meds around. It's normal to get a blood thinner while in the hospital, but it depends on your doctor before and after.

I was off for two weeks. I had a desk job and was still tired.

I was in the hospital three days and two nights.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Recent Topics