Can't hold down any fluids

mickeymantle
on 10/27/15 10:36 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

call your surgeon now not in the morning they should not let you go home till you can drink enough and pee enough

most surgeons keep you in the hospital 2 nights , did they even do a leak test before sending you home

if you can't get your surgeon call your pcp or go to the ER

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Chanti_
on 10/28/15 2:08 am - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

You can get rectal suppositories from the pharmacy for nausea, just ask the pharmacist. I'm not sure why more docs don't talk about this option especially if they're shoving you out the door 24h post op. I know, it's shoving something up your butt but anything is better then the misery your having right now. Once you get your nausea under control you need to make sure you get your antacids in too the reflux can be at the root of your nausea sometimes.

As for the water. Your volume of intake these first few days will be quite small but you will be able to increase steadily every day. I was discharged from hospital 48 hours following the surgery and that day it took me 4 hours to get in a juice box if that gives you some perspective. It wasn't until week two that I wa****ting 64oz.

It will get better, these first few days are a trial, but it's worth it.

Wendi74
on 10/28/15 9:15 am
VSG on 10/14/15

I am 2 weeks post op and I went through the same thing. I even thought "Oh no what have I done" IT WILL PASS. I didn't think it would, but I promise it will. The first couple of days are hardest but then it will get better. Hang in there!

msecanales
on 10/29/15 8:41 am

Thank you for the responses. I did call the surgeon that Tuesday night that I posted this. He called me back and told me not to worry. That I wouldn't get dehydrated from 1 night of throwing up. And if it continued to Wednesday, which was yesterday, to call the office and schedule to be seen. Thankfully, on Wednesday I only vomited 3 times but was only able to get in about 8 oz of water and 2 oz of isopure. I'm still voiding so I know I'm still hydrated. My goal for today is to finish the isopure bottle I opened Tuesday. So far today, I haven't vomited but still have gas pains. I'm walking a lot and sipping.

Age:31| Height 5', 5"| VSG on 10/26/15 | Starting Weight: 277 | Current Weight: 153| WL so far: 124 lb | Goal Weight: 155

Most Active
Recent Topics