Dr's approval- very questionable!

SDenae
on 10/26/15 12:27 pm - Greenwood, IN
VSG on 09/23/15

Try the Nectar and Syntrax protein powders (Syntrax.com). Those are brands recommended by my WLC and they have flavors that can be mixed with water. I especially like the Strawberry Kiwi flavor. Also, Unjury has one that tastes sorta like chicken soup, which you mix with water. Both use whey protein, so no milk products. They don't give as much protein per shake as what you were using, but they should be better tolerated.

Age: 40 | Height: 5'3" | HW: 245 | Program Start: 231 | SW: 208.5 | CW: 148.2 | GW: 130
M1: 15 M2: 15 M3: 6.7 M4: 10 M5: 6.6 M6: 3.3

^ Total weight lost
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

twiddleDee
on 10/26/15 3:35 pm

Thank you for the suggestions! I have not heard of this com. before. I will have to make sure the whey is whey isolate, that is without lactose. My dr's office sells the Unjury, I am going to check out the chicken soup there. Keep up the good work!!

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/26/15 12:27 pm

There are good vegan proteins. Try "Vega" brand, "Orgain".. or egg white based proteins.. some health food stores may have individual portions..

If you can and want to try - some people use soy based protein shakes..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

twiddleDee
on 10/26/15 2:24 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I want to check out everything everyone has told me about. I knew there must be different things to try to see what works best. I need to hit our GNC store!!

Angecakes
on 10/26/15 1:45 pm - Spokane Valley , WA

My WLS team has given me these strict guidelines for after surgery diet:

The first 2 weeks, nothing but clear liquids

After that, 2 weeks of liquids only aka protein shakes

After that, 2 weeks of pureed foods - applesauce, mashed potatoes, etc.

After that, you CAN pretty much eat whatever you want, BUT if you really want to lose the most weight and stay the healthiest, you should stick to a high protein, low-carb diet.... And you need to take a multivitamin, calcium, vitamin D, and vitamin B-12.

Also, I don't know where you live, but I live here in WA and we have a lot of health nuts here (lol). There is a vegan protein shake called "Orgain" that you might be able to tolerate. I hope this information has been helpful!

Best wishes!

Angecakes
on 10/26/15 1:47 pm - Spokane Valley , WA

PS, the multivitamin should be chewable and all pills should be crushed or split open and poured into your protein shake or whatever you are eating.

twiddleDee
on 10/26/15 2:32 pm

Thanks AngelCakes!

I was hungry going into surgery and starving once out. The whole 1st week of clear liquids left me hungry all the time and weak. Went to dr for 1 wk out checkup.. He tells me to eat what I want. crazy!! I am watching what I eat, but already been eating pureed foods in week 2, ( a few anyway), that has helped. Still doing protein over all.

To funny you saying "if I can tolerate" that vegan shake. My daughter takes it, she tells me she "gags" it down, hates it, but knows it is good for her. I am not sure I can do that if it is that nasty!!ha!

I love your name, but makes me think of angelfood cake!aaaggghhh!! ha!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Dee

Angecakes
on 10/30/15 2:11 pm - Spokane Valley , WA

I made a mistake and said 2 weeks of clear liquids.... lol That would be horrid. It's the day before surgery and the day after that's clear liquids LOL Yes, angel food cake.... sighs lol I haven't tried the vegan shake myself.... I don't know that I will, from how your daughter reacts to it. lol Ewwww! :)

Gwen M.
on 10/30/15 11:54 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'd suggest sticking to high protein purees and skipping applesauce and mashed potatoes.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

happyteacher
on 10/26/15 5:47 pm

I was able to do anything but small seeds and such at 6 weeks. You can buy a soy based protein shake powder from Sams or Costco. Muscle milk light has no lactose, but tastes like armpit IMHO.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics