Anyone cheat on pre-op diet?

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/15 12:29 pm
VSG on 07/27/15

I did not cheat, nor did I want to... the whole point of it is to shrink the liver so that the surgeon can get in there and do what he needs to do safely - liver too large = NO SURGERY

Why risk that?

I didn't go through all the appointments, all the tests, all the expense just to sabotage myself, like i've been doing for the past 20 years.

This is your chance to get healthy, and to lose more weight than you ever could on your own.

Don't blow it, because something bad sounds good.

You can do it! Stick with it. :)

Good Luck!

Neesie57
on 10/22/15 12:40 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

I didn't cheat, and I still haven't "cheated" 11 weeks out from surgery. I spent most of my life cheating with food, and knew it was time to buckle down and do something right. If I were thinking about cheating in the 2 weeks before surgery, I would be worried that I couldn't stick with the plan after. My surgeon would have cancelled the surgery if he thought I wasn't following his instructions to the letter.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Spencerella
on 10/22/15 4:53 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Nope I didn't cheat. It was damn hard but I was very glad I stuck with my program. Not quite sure why you're asking this question, but if it's because you are having difficulty staying on your diet, that's something to take seriously. There will be many challenges ahead, so it's best to nip this in the bud and get some insight and strategies in place to keep you on track over the long haul.

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/15 6:31 pm

HIJACK! (Sorry, Dulce!)

Very nice to "see" you. Hope all is well. Was just thinking about you yesterday. Funny you should pop up on the board today. Be well, Linda!

Sandra F.
on 10/23/15 6:23 am

Yes, I cheated but I do NOT recommend it.

Jennifer G.
on 10/23/15 7:55 am

To be honest - I did cheat a couple of times during the 8 days of liquids. I still had to cook for my family and I was so hungry! I ate a few bites of food here and there, and even ate half a sandwich once, and my liver still shrunk because I was consuming very low calories. I made sure not to eat any solid food for the last 2 days before surgery. It's not something I would recommend of course, but since you're asking ... Yes, I did cheat.

NYMom222
on 10/23/15 7:35 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

My pre-op diet wasn't all liquid, it included one protein/veggie meal. There were a few days where I ate extra protein. So cheat? technically yes. Cake or something like that? No.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
Recent Topics