Quest Bars?

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/15 2:03 pm
VSG on 07/27/15

I see a LOT of people on here posting that they eat Quest Bars..

Are these like.. the go-to thing for vsg-ers? I have never tried one - they seem a bit expensive, but I have been having a little trouble getting all my protein in, and it seems like these would be a quick, easy, and yummy way to do it.

I am just about 3 months out.. should I try these?

texasbumpkin
on 10/20/15 2:21 pm
VSG on 10/06/15

I have to say that I think they are the best tasting protien bars or there....... Especially the pb and j

David F.
on 10/20/15 2:22 pm - Henderson, NV

They are the best tasting ones that I have found. Depends on which ones you get though, I like the cookies and cream ones. But they changed the fiber in them and I have seen on another forum that people are getting gas because of it. They are pretty good though for at least 21 grams of protein.

Daveo

Surgery: Feb 9, 2015   HW: 517SW: 467

ocean4dlm
on 10/20/15 3:05 pm - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Quest bars are the only way I can get that much protein in on the drive to work. This is the key for getting all of my protein and water timed to balance with my day.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Bufflehead
on 10/20/15 3:32 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Aiming for food that was "quick, easy, and yummy" is what got me over 350 lbs and needing bariatric surgery in the first place. IMO protein bars in general are glorified candy bars -- and they are certainly trigger foods for me. I eat them only rarely, when traveling. Unless there is some reason you can't eat tuna from a packet or chicken breast from a can, I would seriously consider asking yourself whether you need protein bars or just want them. Some people do great with them -- but some people don't. If you do decide to eat them, just be open to the possibility that they are not serving your best interest and if you find you are getting hungrier, wanting them more, fixating on them, etc. it might be that you switch to some other way of getting your protein in.

spuddzy
on 10/20/15 3:45 pm - NY

not my case..I buy them and use mostly when I need to get more proterin in and can't for whatever reason. They taste good high protein low everything else.

spuddzy

Smallbird
on 10/21/15 10:27 am

That happened to me, I tried just eating these bars and though I love them I had to stop buying them because I was eating so many a day and telling myself "its fine I need the protein" but I was eating just to eat

them and gained weight so beware of that. If you can contain yourself go for it

familyof6
on 10/22/15 7:38 am

Interesting post !!! I am just realizing I really do LOVE my pure protein chocolate bar and my "Kind" bar.....maybe you are right....is it my glorified candy bar ? mmmhhhhhhhhhh, thanks for giving me some insight !!!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/20/15 4:51 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I agree with Bufflehead in that quest bars are over glorified candy bars. They are tasty & give you the most protein bang for the calorie buck. Its good in a pinch or if you want something sweet, but dense protein is what to aim for, the bars won't fill you up & you could end up being hungry sooner than if you just had regular dense protein.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

jamrodriguez
on 10/20/15 10:14 pm

I have to be in the minority in that I don't like them all that much. They have a weird, almost sour-sweet taste to them. Some flavors are better than others... the cinnamon roll one makes me gag and I usually love anything cinnamon. But for the most part, they're kind of "eh". The only time I ever eat protein bars is when I have to be out and about for long periods of time like running errands or working at a big event or something. I keep one in my purse for those "just in case" times, but honestly I actually prefer Think Thin or Pure Protein bars.

I had heard and read so much positive hype about quest bars before my surgery, but I've been pretty disappointed in them.

Most Active
Recent Topics