Surgery in 5 DAYS!!!!

msecanales
on 10/21/15 2:07 pm

Ahhhh! I don't even know if I am ready- what else am I missing?

I have the gas x strips, Isopure, different kinds of protein shakes, vitamins and supplements, my pain meds and anti nausea meds will be delivered to me tomorrow.

I am TERRIFIED to say the least.. I have never had surgery, so I feel like a little scared kid. Hope I make it out alive and/or don't wake up in the middle of the surgery. (A little dramatic, I know)

Ready2goNOW
on 10/21/15 4:21 pm

You sound well prepared!

All of us are afraid...this surgery is a life changer on so many levels. But I had mine last week and have had NO pain, NO nausea, NO problems so far. I kidded w/my surgeon that he must not have really made the sleeve!

You will be kind. Surgery for me only took an hour...

Good luck!

Kathy

GoBlueGirl1998
on 10/21/15 5:24 pm - MI

Relax! lol! You have this.....I felt the same way and I'm a year out now! It was the best choice I ever made! Good luck to you!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

LS2dv8
on 10/21/15 5:42 pm

Sounds like you are ready! You are going to do great! I am 7 days out and I am nervous, but I am going for the power of positive thinking!

Remember to breathe! Hugs

LS2DV8

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 10/21/15 6:22 pm
VSG on 03/16/15

I had a flavored chapstick it had lemon on one side and cherry on the other. I got some tape and made it so I could find it on my over bed table so I had it after surgery. My phone charger. That was pretty much all I needed. Lol. Get up and walk walk walk. Then sip sip sip in between sleep.

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Sandra F.
on 10/22/15 6:05 am

I had never had surgery prior to my sleeve surgery either, so I know exactly how you feel. I had the added bonus of doing the surgery in another country, so talk about nerves! But everything will be okay. The complication rate for this surgery is extremely low. Good luck to you!

Wanda1118
on 10/22/15 7:08 am
VSG on 07/09/14

Everyone is nervous before a surgery and this is a major surgery...the surgeon is removing most of your stomach. But believe it or not, it's an easy surgery to get over...very little pain, it's really unbelievable how easy it is! The benefits after are so worth having it done. I can walk now without have to sit every few feet..I can breathe easier and overall I just feel so much better than I did before the surgery. Just remember after surgery to sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk! Good luck to you and keep us posted!

msecanales
on 10/22/15 6:04 pm

Thank you everyone!!! I really needed these words of encouragement! I got this!!!

Today, I received all my post of meds via mail. Pain cream, anti-nausea meds, oral pain meds, B-12 nasal spray, stool softeners.. Those are the main ones I remember off the top of my head. Now, this feels REAL!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics