2 week liquid diet advice please

Spalady
on 10/20/15 3:41 pm

I started the two week pre op liquid diet yesterday. No worries, day one down...alll good. Today I had to fast for blood work for my health insurance coverage for last year. Started the day ok, but by the time i was home and got a protein shake in i felt like garbage... I am looking for advice, anything that will help keep my patience with a husband and son that love to eat and have no problem eating around me...i really dont feel hungry, just a little crabby and have a headache....Bring it on folks!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/15 3:59 pm

What I found really helped me was to use protein powder and make my own shakes. Seemed to fill me longer than the premade ones. I made mine with lots of ice and low fat milk. They came out like slushies. I just sipped on them slowly. Seemed like a continuous supply of protein and liquid worked better than drinking it in one go. Of course I drank other things as well if was thirsty. I cooked till the day I left for Mexico . My Nut also said I could add fruit or other things to the shakes till the last couple of days. I wish you luck. It will be over before you know it and your new life will begin. Oh I have always had headaches when I dieted before but with all this protein that did not happen pre or post op.

Neesie57
on 10/20/15 5:10 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

Before I started my liquid diet I was told that they first 4-5 days would be pretty miserable. That I would feel sluggish, tired and grumpy, but after that it would get better. My nutritionist was exactly right. The first few days were terrible, but after that I got my energy back and felt great.

You will feel so much better soon, so hang in there.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Minkey
on 10/20/15 9:41 pm

I added sugar free chocolate and strawberry syrup to mine and used milk with the EAS whey powder. It was like a milkshake. I'd switch off so you don't get sick of the same thing day in and day out. Buy the vanilla so when you add things, it will blend. Be sure to use a blender to mix it well and putting ice in it helps too. Good luck and keep plugging!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/15 2:57 pm

Yea, the first few days suck--especially if you're cutting caffeine too.

It gets better though. You'll be sick of whatever protein you get though, haha.

Mark

Most Active
Recent Topics