2 months Post OP & haven't lost for 10 days.

CBStory
on 10/17/15 12:15 pm

I'm just 2 months Vertical Sleeve post op, and I haven't lost a pound in 10 days. Confused. I lost 14 lbs. the first month. And now I've been hovering at 25 lbs lost for the last 10 days. Could I be stalling this early in? I'm surprised because I've not been feeling hungry at all. I kinda feel like I'm pushing myself to eat soft meats/proteins and soft veges and soft fruit that are on my 6 week list. I stop eating or drinking protein as soon as I feel a full tight feeling, which is about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food. Perhaps I am eating too much with out realizing it? Counting my calories incorrectly? Should I cut down on the banana or frozen strawberries and/or Danon 80 cal yogurt? Could this be a fruit thing? Is their two much fat in my roast chicken breast? Should I cut out the tuna salad with light mayo? The refried beans with light sour cream? The Trader Joe's canned chili? Actually, wait a sec, the thing that I find the hardest, is not being able to drink water 1/2 before, and 1/2 hour I eat. I get very very thirsty and I sometimes forget. Could that be causing my new stomach to stretch. I feel like just going back to protein shakes alone. Confused.

Good luck to all of us.

My Story So Far: HW: 330, SW (8/20/15): 300, GW: 160, Other Goals: Run, jog and be flexible again.

Donna L.
on 10/17/15 1:00 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I don't eat fruit at all and I'm about four months post-op-ish. Bananas and beans are higher in carbs. I've lost consistently since June 22nd, and recently hit the 100 pound loss mark (counting pre-op weight). I also don't eat until I feel full - I eat only pre-measured food and when it's done I stop eating. I basically eat around 4-8 ounces a meal; typically it's around 4 ounces of protein and then I'm done and have no room for anything else.

There are also natural stalls. I stalled for all of October and then lost like 10 lbs in a week.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

CBStory
on 10/23/15 1:46 pm

Thanks. I have decided to cut out fruits with the exception of an 80 cal Dannon yogurt a day. I think I'm back on track. :-)

Good luck to all of us.

My Story So Far: HW: 330, SW (8/20/15): 300, GW: 160, Other Goals: Run, jog and be flexible again.

Shel25
on 10/17/15 2:36 pm

Just my thoughts based on my own experience....I am no expert!

It is annoying to not lose any weight in 10 days. And it is good to review your actions. BUT! You can be doing everything right and still get no cooperation from the scale for 10 days and it would be perfectly normal. In fact, use this time to practice scale zen because it is going to happen over and over on your journey.

Personally, I limit fruit because of the carbs. I don't worry about fat too much but am mindful of its caloric load. I hate to sound like a zealot but I would substitute plain greek yogurt for the light mayo in the tuna salad.

I would skip putting anything on the refried beans OR use greek yogurt if I needed the protein (you can mix in spices to the yogurt to enhance the taste) OR use full fat sour cream OR a sprinkle of cheese because you probably aren't using much anyway and fat can improve satiety. But, it doesn't look like satiety is an issue right now.

If you are diligent in weighing and tracking your foods in something like myfitnesspal you are probably counting your calories correctly.

Make sure you are getting ALL of your water in! Your body can easily hold on to extra fluids if you are dehydrated. More water can pull off the extra water. This is one my personal issues!

Utilize the protein shakes when needed. But, no need to "go back" to them as if you just had surgery. Real food is not your enemy.

Best wishes!

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

CBStory
on 10/23/15 1:49 pm

Thanks. I'm back on track I think. Per your suggestion, I've been vigilant about getting enough water. Also, decided to take the light mayo out of tuna salad. I'm fine with just lemon and dill. :-)

Good luck to all of us.

Billy D.
on 10/17/15 2:53 pm

Reading the posts on here many say that too many carbs or fruit may not be best. I don't think Chicken breast has that much fat in it unless you are eating the skin. The water thing and drinking too fast after eating may be the problem, it also may make you sick. I'd give it a while longer and than talk to your Dr or Nutritionist, maybe they can help. Good luck!

CBStory
on 10/23/15 1:42 pm

Thank you for your responses. Very helpful. Of course, the next day I stepped on the scale and found I had lost 3 more lbs. And I seem to be back on track. I regrouped my eating patterns. I cut out most fruit with the exception of what's in my 80 cal Dannon yogurt. I also decided to not to try too hard to finish all my meal protein. I think I was snacking on my leftover pre-measured protein that I didn't finish at meal time. I am, right now, relying a little more on protein shakes to fill in what I may have missed, couldn't finish, at my meals.

Good luck to all of us.

Most Active
Recent Topics