To help everyone struggling with liquid diet!!

Mary Gee
on 10/16/15 1:04 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Besides extracts, you can add sugar-free syrups from Torani or Davinci; they come in loads of flavors - coconut, Kahlua, banana, peppermint, raspberry, and more. They both have their own sites, or you can order them on Amazon.

Best of luck to you. The pre-op and post-op liquid diet stages are the roughest part of the whole WLS process. You can get through these stages because it's evident you're willing to put the work in!

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

msecanales
on 10/16/15 5:53 am

So I'm guessing it's safe to use spend a or any other artificial sweetener? I purchased fat free almond milk in the hopes of mixing this with protein powder instead of jus****er.

Kiofish8
on 10/16/15 10:58 am
VSG on 11/02/15

You know Im not sure if splenda is ok. I got a packet from my doc that said that you can add one packet of splenda to a recipe but I mean if you have 4 shakes a day with four splenda all day is that ok?? So honestly I dont quite know.

Mary Gee
on 10/16/15 1:11 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I don't know the "official" answer re sweeteners - I don't recall them being mentioned one way or another by the NUT or surgeon.....but I look at it this way: Four packets of Splenda (4 shakes) is less damaging than all the junk I ate pre-op. How healthy is fast food, fried food, ice cream, chips, or soda, etc.?

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Most Active
Recent Topics